cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Dictionary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there any way to import data base tables to a Java Dictionary (in SAP NetWeaver Development Studio)?

Regards,

Agustín.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Dictionary perspective for the same.You have to create the table in MaxDB and then go to Dictionary perspective and import the table by right clicking your dictionary project.

Then you can use the table where ever you wanted I mean in whtever perspective may be a Java perspective or a Webdynpro Perspective.

Refer the below link which will helps you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/fb/d2fc3f8fc2c542e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Rdgs,

guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are suggesting that we must go and re-create from scratch dozens of tables in MaxDB (however that's done, I don't know either) just so that we can import them into the Dictionary? Why not just create them in the dictionary and have it create them for us? But then, this is not what is being asked. How can we simply import tables from an existing database into the Dictionary? By not having an automated import process, how can SAP expect customers to migrate existing Java applications to NWDS and use the Java Dictionary?

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Has anyone come up with a solution to importing existing tables into the Dictionary?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm interesting too....

I haven't found any documentations.

Regards