cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spell check in Webdypro text element

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a text element in my view after entering text into it a letter is generated with the text in the text element view.

I need a fucntionality to spell check the text that has been entered.

I know there is a standard function module which is used for spell check in the backend sap, but since it has a dailogue popup it will not be able to be called from webdynpro.

would appreciate if someone can provide a solution for this or atleast let me know if it is not possible at all.

Thanks,

shyam

Edited by: Shyam Mousham on Oct 21, 2009 3:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sridhar_Myana
Explorer
0 Kudos

In WDA - though personalization is disabled, when right clicking I am getting 'Hide quick help" etc and not the spell corrections.

When tried with my personal emails, I can see the spell suggestions, so spell checker works in IE but not with WDA, any suggestions please.

Thanks.

MSR.

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also come across this requirment.

i have got few inputs reg this.

hope it helps you.

[http://searchsap.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid21_gci1332906,00.html#]

Regards,

Priya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you use Firefox, there is a spell check built into the browser itself. This works fine with Web Dynpro. Misspellings get underlined in red and you can right mouse click on them to see suggestions.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/4031535997/

Spell check is really something handled much better by the browser itself. Firefox, Chrome, and Safari all have the feature. Unfortunetely IE6 and IE7 and even IE8 don't have this feature. You can get add-ons for IE that will add in spell check features.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I donot know wether you can be able to do this way,

One you have entered data into text element, get the same data and open it in worddocument(using office control) and do the spell

check there in that document.

There is no spell check mechanism in WDA.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lekha.