Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Graphics, Gantt, and how to

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to use the UI Element Business Graphics in order to create a Gantt chart. I am having trouble trying to determine how to set up the context and mapping for this. I am basically trying to create a Gantt chart that is similar to a Team Calendar in that entries on the vertical axis could have more than one entry on the line. I have looked at the example WDA programs that specify a Gantt chart, but none of them are doing a Gantt chart similar to a team calendar.

I currently have my context as follows.

Series (Node)

Points (Node of Series)

Values (Node of Points)

Start Time (Attribute of Values)

End Time (Attribute of Values)

Description (Attribute of Series - This contains entries on the vertical axis. In a Team Calendar...this would be name)

Label (Attribute of Series)

Is this the proper context set up for a Gantt chart similar to a team calendar? If this is correct, then does someone also have recommendations on how to bind the attributes in the "Values" node since this is a nested node?

One last question, does anyone know of any WDA program (standard) that is doing a Gantt chart similar to this? It would be helpful to look at an example.

Thank you for your help.

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you go through the WD comp WDR_TEST_EVENTS.

in that go through the view GANTT.

Refer to the link for any other information.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/d1/af8841349e1909e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Priya

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Thank you for the response.

Yes - I had already reviewed the Business Graphics Gantt view in WD WDR_TEST_EVENTS. Unfortunately the example that is given with that scenario is not exactly what I am trying to accomplish. My scenario is similar to a team calendar where any entry on the vertical axis could have more than one entry on the graph.

Scott.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardin,

The component DEMO_BG_GANTT will help you here.

Regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you gone through this standard component -

WDR_TEST_GANTT

WDR_GANTT_TEST

Regards,

Lekha.

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Yes, I have looked at both of those. Both of those examples utilize the Gantt UI element and not the Business Graphics UI element and Gantt chart as I mentioned. The Gantt UI element in those two examples seem to be a bit overkill for what I am trying to accomplish; however, I welome any feedback on utilizing the Gantt UI element. This problem I saw with that (other than it being too much for what I am trying to do) is how/what must be done to get your data formated properly in order to bind it to the Gantt UI Element.

Scott