cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use exisiting data source!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a quick question. I have created a data source from the screen of infosource transfer structure/transfer rule screen. but after i created the datasource i came to know that i am using a wrong source system( for flat file loads we have two surce systems, one is PC_file and the other one is logical system flat file. ) So I have to use logical system file but i used the wrong one. My question is once i start using the logical system flat file can i use the exisiting data source which i created for the other PC_file. I am not able to find the DS i have created before.

Please advise.

AC..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created update rules . so i assigned infosource there.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyway i deleted everything and recreated again the infosource and data source and to correct source system. now i am trying to assign my ODS to this info source . I am at ODS change mode and trying to assign the Info source to the info provider. i could not find my infosource. how do i connect to the ODS.??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P / AC

I think I am missing something or I am doing wrong : Here is what I did .

I have two source systems under my infosource . I deleted delete assign source system so PC_file is gone. so I want to the infosource and right click and assign the data source , it is not giving me the option to slect logicla system file as it is already assigned to the nfo source.

IF i delete the logical system then my data souce will be deleted automatically ????.

so what do i need to do now..

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi AC,

you can assign again with that logical source system,

right click infosource, 'assign datasource',

and choose that source system, will prompt assign datasource someting,

confirm 'yes', in next screen activate the transfer rules.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AC

From your infosource Delete the source system assignment for PC flat file and assign to logical system flat file then you will see your Datasource.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat