Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing material description for component in network

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are planning to make sure that material master is mandatory for all our procurement process. However in the transition period, we are planning to use a generic material where there is only one material number but we can change the description during the procurement process.

The description can be very well changed when we create the PR manually (tcode ME51N). In PS, the PR will be generated automatically when the network is released, thus we expect that we can change the material description when we put the material in the network, however different with ME51N, it seems that we cannot change the material description in the component list in the network activity.

Is there a way to make this field changeable in network?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material number and description are the details we get from MM master data.

I don't think we can change the same on Project screen in PS.

Regards,

Kabir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assume...in SAP system....you can consolidated many legacy material numbers in to one material master. However, for cutover data , you want to create open PR or PO or Reser for such materials and want to differentiate them by giving different description.

Can use BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD and pass description while upload.

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for your transition period you can use a material without a material number and enter text directly for the material as you like

this will be good only for non stock items