Hello,

I´m working with data binding in a new BSP and have the following code:

<%@page language="abap" %>

<%@extension name="htmlb" prefix="htmlb" %>

<htmlb:content design="design2003" >

<htmlb:page title=" " >

<htmlb:form>

<htmlb:label for="//model/ORGANISATION" />

the page will not be displayed; instead, I get an error message "500 SAP Internal Server Error - The class could not be found for dynamic method call". The object MODEL certainly exists as well as the field ORGANISATION.

What is the problem here ?? Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Is there a Dump for that error in ST22 ?

Could it be a case-sensitive problem on the field 'ORGANIZATION' ?

How is that field declared in the DDIC ?

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem is not a case-sensitive nor there´s anything helpful in ST22. It´s a normal page with logic.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You said "It´s a normal page with logic." You aren't trying to do binding in a Flow Logic page are you? You have to use MVC for data binding.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

if I'm not mistaken the "label" element is used to show a text in reference to another form element. So the "for" attribute should not hold a model attribute but instead the id of the element that the label text belongs to.

Label itself has no corresponding HTML form element that can hold a value.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks every one for comments.

Thomas: Thanks a lot for your comment. That was indeed the problem. I normally program small portions of our development in another BSP application and when ready I copy it to the main application (with MVC).

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>So the "for" attribute should not hold a model attribute but instead the id of the element that the label text belongs to.

Actually it is perfectly fine if the "for" attribute holds a model attribute binding. In fact this is really the only attribute you need to use in MVC. The label will then read the model attribute that you provide and dynamically pull the data dictionary description for the data type used to define the model attribute.