cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Information from Existing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a Credit Memo from a Delivery and am having trouble. What I did was put a 'Delivery' button on the Credit Memo screen so that when you select Delivery it will display a list of Deliveries related to the selected Customer. When a document is selected, I want to copy the details into the Delivery (basically want to do what all the other buttons copy from buttons do). Is there a way to easily do this? I have not been successful and have had to resort to copying one item at a time for the lines and set everything manually. Just curious if there was an easier solution. Please let me know if you can help. It is greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want it in GUI (shown before add), the yes, you need to place everything yourself (lot of work)... If you could live a DI only solution it could be a little easier, but not much

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just one question.... When will Delivery >> CreditMemo ever make sense?... Data would not fit anywhere since credit memo makes financial transactions...???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. That is what I will have to do. As for when you would want to create a Credit Memo from a Delivery, this is going to serve as the return process. The customer is paying up front, so at the time of delivery we automatically create invoice and payment. It may be that they return the item or want to return the goods, but there is no way to link them if they are invoiced and paid. This will allow us to copy in the lines of the Delivery to know prices, etc, and link the return. If there is any other way, please let us know. Thanks.