cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlainText / Hyperlink message on welcome screen based on role of user

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 4.0 , the requirement is as mentioned...

Scenario 1

If the logged in employee has a particular role (say ZROLE_ONE), on the welcome screen a link should be displayed .On clicking this link a screen should open in which the user can performe some action.

Scenario2

If the logged in empoyee does not has role ZROLE_ONE , a plain text message instead of hyperlink should be displayed on the welcome screen. This message is dynamic text fetched from some data base tables.

The questions are...

1)If I create a Z transcation according to my requirement , how can a link that opens this Z transcation , be displayed on welcome screen, for the users who has the ZROLE_ONE.

2)How can the plain text message be displayed on welcome screen if the user does not has this ZROLE_ONE?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

By the Welcome screen,i guess you mean the Home page...So for your requirement to display the links/text based on the user role,you may have to modify the ITS template for the home page to fulfil the requirement.

BR,

Deepti.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubav,

Do you use portal to log into SRM or it is the integrated ITS. If its portal than the requirement could be met easily else it is tough as you have to modify BBPGLOBAL template and some HTML coding is required.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti/Iftekhar

Thanks for the replies, yes by welcome page I mean Home Page.

We are nto using EP , dircetly SRM Portal.

I know the template 650 of service BBPGLOBAL need to be modified.

If anyone can shed some light on how can we check roles in ITS templates or is there any other way acheiving this I mean may be by modifying the include BBPGLOBAL_SET_MENU_DATAF01 of package BBP_GEN?

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checking the roles is done. The only issue I am facing now is how to display data from a Z table on Home page.I know this requires modifications on HTML template and ABAP Screen but if some one has done such thing , can you plz provide the steps.

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

I have same requirement, I have to dispaly text message on login(Home page). I am using SRM 5.0. User login through Portal

Thanks

Abinash