cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print the data in a seperate page / text file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created WD program which fetches data from R/3 using RFC. I am using following statement for printing the results:

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("The value is " + value);

I am running the code for 20,000 rows. The results are printed on the same IE page. However it becomes difficult to see the results. I want to get the output printed in any of the following ways:

Option 1

1) There should be a link in WD program. When the user willl click on the link other IE page should get open and results should be printed in this page.

Option 2

2) The ouput should be written in a text file and user can store the file in local machine.

Please help me.

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to this link

[ thread|;

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just create a function in your WD application that writes these lines (in loop; pass array of strings to the function) on a text file and saved as a web resource object then have it available for download by the user. Simple as that.

Search for WD tutorials that involves downloads and using the web resouce object in WD applications.

This guide should provide you a good feel through the entire approach: /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2007/05/25/new-web-dynpro-java-tutorials--uploading-and-downloading-files-in-sap-netweaver-70