cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports errorhandling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have some problems with errorhandling of the Crystal Reports component.

Some exceptions are printed with stacktrace, some exceptions are shown in the viewer without stacktrace and some exeptions are handled by log4J.

For example, when a database error occures in the build up of the report the viewer shows a NullpointerException without stacktrace. When I execute the query myself directly on the databse I get an exception from the database about rights to a database object I try to access.

Can I catch these exception myself in javacode to show the exception to the user my own way? And how can I get more information about a exception shown in the viewer without stacktrace?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it. Does this setting onlly disable the exceptions of being shown? I like to show the exception on my own way to the user.

Where can I find more information about this kind of settings?

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

"disable" means disable the viewer from trapping the exception and printing a pretty message.

Disable and catch the exception from the processHttpRequest method call yourself.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm using CRXI and java sdk.

I need a way to trap exceptions and manage them from my application.

I'm not using a web app, so I have no "context" for setting this parameter and there is nothing similar inside CRConfig.xml.

I can see the exceptions inside log4j output that comes from CR classes, but the sdk exception show only shot informations, not the original cause.

Example: "cannot open report" it's fine, but the cause was "missing column XXX in table YYY" would be much more meaningful to my users,

Is there any way to get the original exception using java sdk?

Your faithfully G.H.Jack!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds good.

What about the nullpointer that been printed when a database error occures. Shouldn't that be a SQLException?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The viewer where the report in the browser is shown.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Search for crystal_exception_info

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Which viewer?