cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Disppeared in Services.msc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two services for SAP instance under services.msc.Unfortunately today when I checked system is not coming up & one service disappeared.

Please let me know process how to bring it back under services.msc

Regards

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you (or someone else) uninstall the system? Any problems before? reinstalled windows?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This server have some 3 SAP instances running on it.Yesterday it was running file.Today due to startup issue I ran sapstartserv.exe & from that time one service of on SAP Syatem disappeared.

System is not uninstalled.

Is it possible to regenearate SAP services again.

Regards

Santosh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This server have some 3 SAP instances running on it.Yesterday it was running file.Today due to startup issue I ran sapstartserv.exe & from that time one service of on SAP Syatem disappeared.

So you selected "remove and unregister DCOM component" on the windows when you execute sapstartserv? Just run it again an re-register the instance.

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

run sapstartsrv.exe (not sapstartserv...) and choose the third radio button. this will re-create your SAP service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Eric for your help.Problem Resolved & Points awarded to you.

Regards

Santosh

Edited by: Santosh Kumar on Oct 21, 2009 3:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is very important that you run the right sapstartsrv.exe when registering a new service definition!

It has to be the one from the instance specific exe directory.

If just opening Start / Run or a cmd.exe and just type sapstartsrv.exe the one from c:\windows\system32 is called and registered as service executable. When this is going to be started it will read it's own ACLs for protecting the shared memory segments, which are often not sufficient for a normal (non administrative) user.

As a result the service will not start. More detailed information could normaly be found then in the Application Eventlog of Windows.

regards

Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to register using NTSCMGR.EXE

Note 618053 - Download Location for NTSCMGR.EXE

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

1. check SAP services are running or not in services

If yes , then do the following steps

Goto you kernal directory , double click on sapstartsrv.exe and give the neccesary input.

After suceesful run of exe service will get re-register in SAP MMC.

Thanks

Anil