Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic insertion of pictures in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening,

In the doc. for the smartforms editor, for graphics, i read this: "You can either incorporate graphics statically in a form (for example, the company logo) or include them dynamically using an appropriate field (for example, material graphic showing the displayed material). .."

My question is: how do I dynamically incorporate graphics in a form, because I found nowhere a method ?

They speak about an "appropriate field", what do they mean by that ?

Thanks in advance,

Eric.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means you either enter Graph named hardcoded like logo or pass it a variable &G_LOGO& (choosing radio button determien dynamically), you can keep changing the logo name say basing on your company code or sales org etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can use difference logos based on ur req.for example

for each compay code u can store graphics as 1001,1002 etc..

so based on comp code u can use the particular logo or graphics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !

But in fact, I would like to know a method to print a material catalog (several pics on one page), or whatever. I imagined a system where I store somwhere photographs of equipments (the name could contain the eqpt number) and insert the name dynamically into that variable, so it could be printed.

Is it possible ?

Thanks a lot,

Eric.

0 Kudos

Possible, you need to maitain a table with Equipemnt number and graph name.

And read form thsi table with part name and pass it as variable in smartform.

Hope it gives some idea.

Rgds,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to all !

I didn't know it was working like that, I'm gonna try to maintain a table with two fields, hoping i'll be able to pass a variable to the smatforms (I've benn working for 6 years in sapscript, I'm a BIG newbee with smartforms).

I'll post again if I encouter any problems !

Cheers,

Eric.