cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions About CT04,CL02 and SPRO(Didn't Generate Change Request)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

For business flow improvement, I need to create a characteristic u2018Z_BATCH_Fu2019 (its characteristic number is u2018023u2019.) via CT04 in our Dev system.

I can save the modification directly and the Change Request (CR) wasnu2019t generated.

That means I canu2019t transfer the changes into QAS and PRD system via the CR.

How can I do? Shall I create u2018Z_BATCH_Fu2019 in QAS and PRD separately?

Thank you in advance!

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is normal because classification data like characteristics and classes are master data not customizing data that can be transported.

There is however a possibility to move classification data between systems with an ALE scenario and IDOCs, so not with a transport request.

Following ABAP programs are used for the distribution of the data:

RBDSECHR - Distribute All Characteristics via ALE

RBDSECLS - Distribute Classes via ALE: Send Direct

RBDSECLF - Distribution of Classification Data via ALE

You should ask the basis team first to setup the ALE messages between the systems:

CHRMAS

CLSMAS

CLFMAS

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Win,

Thank you very much. Your reply is very detailed.

But I still have some questions.

Q1: How to use the following programs? To run them via SE38 directly?

Following ABAP programs are used for the distribution of the data:

RBDSECHR - Distribute All Characteristics via ALE

RBDSECLS - Distribute Classes via ALE: Send Direct

RBDSECLF - Distribution of Classification Data via ALE

Q2: Is the prerequisite for running the ABAP programs(RBDSECHR,RBDSECLS, RBDSECLF)?

You should ask the basis team first to setup the ALE messages between the systems:

CHRMAS

CLSMAS

CLFMAS

Q3: I am a Basis. According to your reply. I have to setup ALE messages first and run the ABAP programs(RBDSECHR,RBDSECLS, RBDSECLF) via SE38, Right?

Warm Regards!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That's correct.

You first setup the ALE settings in the sending and receiving system (RFC, partner profiles, ports, ...).

Afterwards you run the programs for the classification in the sending (source) system.

The programs will create some IDOCs, that you need to send to the target system.

In the target system you post the IDOCs and your classification master data will be replicated (charactersistics, classes, links between classes.)

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wim,

Thank you very much.

Here below is SAP's reply:

-

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your query.

The behaviour you see in CT04 and CL02 is intended and not an error .

The use of transport requests isn't used in Classification in order to ensure consistency of data

Please refer to the attached note 45951 and note 10745.

Classification data cannot be 'transported', it has to be sent by ALE.

I hope that helps answer your question.

-

Here below is your professinal reply,I have some questions about it:

=>'You first setup the ALE settings in the sending and receiving system (RFC, partner profiles, ports, ...).'

That sounds simple enough. Do you have some links that can guide me to set the ALE?

If the ALE setting is done. I can check the ALE message (CHRMAS,CLSMAS,CLFMAS) in our DEV,QAS and PRD. Right?

=>'Afterwards you run the programs for the classification in the sending (source) system.'

I think I can run 'RBDSECHR' or 'RBDSECLF' (Not 'RBDSECLS'). Because it depends on what(Characteristics or Classification

Data) I want to distribute, Right?

Shall I take care of the execution sequences of the programs 'RBDSECHR' and 'RBDSECLF'?

=>'The programs will create some IDOCs, that you need to send to the target system.'

In what location are the IDOCs stored? As common files in AIX (our OS)?

'to send to the target system.' means I have to run 'RBDSECLS' to distribute IDOCs into our QAS and PRD system, right?

=>In the target system you post the IDOCs and your classification master data will be replicated (charactersistics, classes,

links between classes.)

Generally, I think I should post the IDOCs into our QAS first. After adequate testing I just can post IDOCs into our PRC. Right?

But I suspect that the classification master data(charactersistics, classes, links between classes) in our DEV,QAS and PRD

are not in consistency.

Are there some tools/methods can help me to check the consistency of our classification master data between our D,Q,P

systems?

Thank you very much and best Regards!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

This is how we proceed.

1/

First we maintain the classification data correctly in a client on the DEV environment.

2/

Then we transfer via ALE the classification data towards a client on the QA system for validation.

The sequence that we use is the following one:

Run RBDSECHR in DEV, transfer all IDOCs to QA and post them in the QA system, this will create all characteristics that are needed when the classes are created in the next step.

Run RBDSECLS in DEV, transfer all IDOCs to QA and post them in the QA system, this will create all the classes.

Run RBDSECLF in DEV, transfer all IDOCs to QA and post them in the QA system, this will create the links between the classes.

You don't need to run the last program in case you don't use links between classes, first 2 steps are obligatory.

Per program you can also use some selection-criteria to define which classes or characteristics you want to transfer.

3/

There is not really a program or transaction to do a consistency check but you should check the statusses of the IDOCs when you post them in the target system.

If the status of the IDOC is OK, you are sure the classification data is replicated correctly.

If the status of the IDOC is not OK, you should analyse the error message in the IDOC, probably some custo is missing then, you should correct the error then and try to repost the IDOC again.

The IDOCs are stored in the database of both receiving and sending system and can be viewed/posted/analysed via transaction BD87.

4/

There are several good starting points to setup ALE :

[http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/EN/data/pdf/CABFAALEQS/CABFAALEQS.pdf]

Important for the ALE scenario for the classification data are the following message type that should be configured in the partner profile:

CHRMAS - Class system: Characteristics master

CLFMAS - Class system: Classification master

CLSMAS - Class system: Classes master

Wim

Edited by: Wim Van den Wyngaert on Oct 22, 2009 3:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wim,

Sorry for delay.

I've seen the detailed steps you posted on Oct 22, 2009.

Thanks a million for your patience、profession and selflessness help.

Please accept my sincere appreciation and admiration.

I will try to configure our ALE according to your guide tomorrow.

God Bless.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wim,

I tryed to run 'BD87' in DEV but it popuped a dialog:

'

The initialization of the logical system has failed

Message no. B1894

'

I think I have to configure our Logical system for DEV first via SCC4.

Regards!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wim

I read the 'ALE Quick Start' carefully. Here are two questions:

(1)Our QAS and PRD had configured Logical System(LS) already. But our DEV hadn't yet.

The LS names of Q and P are against the SAP standardization denomination.

So I want to amend Q and P's LS names, I am afraid this operation will cause potential risks.

Although, this is an optional operation. I still want to know the risk is existed?

Opposite, I have to configure DEV's LS.

(2)Can I define multi-logical systems on one client?

If yes, I won't amend the old LS names of Q and P for security.

Otherwise, I will add a new one for them.

Hope you could reply on your convenient time.

Best Regards!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wim

I've tryed my best to set up our ALE Scenario on those couple of days.

I failed at the end although I feel so close to success.

Here are two problems inhibit my progress:

(1)I have to set up Ale settings (Including: RFC,Partner profiles and ports) in both of Sending and Receiving clients, Right?

(2)I've read the 'Ale Quck Start.pdf'(via the link you offered), I can't find any word about 'ports' or 'ports setting'.

How to set up the ports?

Warm Regards!

Jason

Answers (0)