cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering IDOC and sending it to XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I release a production order in SAP will it automatically trigger a LOIPRO01 IDOC to be generated?

If so, how can I see the generated IDOCs?

If not, how can I trigger the production order to generate a IDOC on release?

regards,

Lunatikk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

LOIPRO Idocs are no automatically triggered. You will have to use FM CLOI_MASTERIDOC_CREATE_LOIPRO (either in user-exit or scheduled program).

Kind regards,

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Radoslaw,

can you explain a litte more in detail?

I found the function module. I guess if a production or process order is released it somehow has to run this function module, but how?

Is there a howto in the net or a good book that matches this scenario?

regards,

Lunatikk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Unfortunately there is no guide for this topic. Please look at EXIT_SAPLCOZV_001 (saving order). If all relevant data is available there try calling function. If not pass Order number to report executed after saving and select data from tables AFKO, AFFL etc.

Kind regards,

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very awkward without proper instructions.

So far I have 3 books on sap integration here and 3 other sap books and not one describes a solution or an approach to the problem.

Isn't there another way to get the Information of an ProductionOrder (important: when released/sent) to an external .NET application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump, for god's sake...

Since I don't think that I'll get this to work in an adequate amount of time and since this problem seems more complex than I thought I'm trying to do it somehow else.

Would it be easier to create an IDOC by myself (or use a "copy" of an existing IDOC) and, after filling it with data somwhow, send it to SAP XI.

What do you think?

regards,

Lunatikk

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are open to options other than IDOCs, you can consider implementing a ABAP Proxy (Client) to send the data from your backend system to XI system. It is far more easier than creation of a custom IDOC.

The steps would be:

1) Find the User Exit that gets triggered for a production order release.

2) call the ABAP Proxy class->method to send the data to XI system in that Exit.

Refer this blog to know more about ABAP proxy (Client):

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417200)ID1250324350DB01553105339901108472End...

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are open to an option of using a program that can be scheduled at periodic intervals, which is capable of sending Production orders, you can have a look at this program:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/ProductionOrderIdoc+Program

See if this discussion provides you some inputs:

Regards,

Ravi kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi,

I read the discussion in thread /community [original link is broken] Basically, this is what I'm looking for. User "Aveek Ghose" has provided a link to a program that creates LOIPRO IDocs oon released production orders.

But my major issue is that I'm a total SAP beginner I don't have any clue how to get this program to work neither do I know any of the necessary further steps.

Same thing for the program you sent me.

I could create a new Program in ABAP Editor and copy the code of the program but that alone wouldn't do the trick, would it?!

At the beginning I never thought that it would be so hard to send an IDOC to XI - big mistake.

So I was asking you, as experts, what would be the easiest way to realise this.

I would be so thankful if there was a good book or howto that describes a solution step by step.

regards,

Lunatikk

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lunatikk,

There is a standard SAP transaction POIT to send the selected production orders.

Did you check that?

It involves 0 coding.

The only thiing you should do is , Configure the partner profile for your LOIPRO idoc in WE20 transaction.

But again, this program does not sedn the idocs immeadiately.

At the most, you can schedule it as a periodic job (Half hourly etc..)

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I knew POIT from a scenario that involved SAP MII (as receiver). Will this work with XI/PI also?

If this would work it would be perfect.

What do I need to configure in SAP XI (any adapters)?

>

> But again, this program does not sedn the idocs immeadiately.

Do you mean POIT or do you mean the programs, mentioned in the links?

regards,

Lunatikk

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lunatikk,

I mean POIT transaction.

Yes, the configuration is almost the same for sending LOIPRO to XI also.

What you should do is:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPR3(Idocs)ToXI--Steps+Summarized

Regards,

Ravi Kanth talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay,

maybe this is a stupid question, but

1. when I start POIT, fill out the form and then click on execute, how long will it take to emerge on XI-side?

2. Is there an default interval? Where can I change the interval?

3. Can i set any value for the interval (1min. or 3min.)?

4. Why isn't it possible to send a message to XI using POIT without delay (if I click on execute manually)?

thank you very much.

Lunatikk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lunatikk ,

I am working on same process order interface . Did you resolve your issue ? If yes please let me know how did you ?

Thanks - Vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lunatikk,

in WE20 you set if "trigger immetiately" or "wait".

In WE02 you see the status of an IDOC.

Check also SM58 and BD87 to see, if IDOC indeed was sent.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mario,

Do I have to login to the SAP R/3 system and run these transaction or is it in SAP ERP?

regards,

Lunatikk