cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR Error- Checkout is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having a problem with DTR. I wanted to modify a view in a componenet.and I am getting the following error.

Checkout is not possible. See below for details.

View com.prj.Vendor_View

======>problem: DTR workspace is not modifiable

/JD0_TRACK01_Dprj_1sap.com/src/packages/com/prj/Vendor_View.wdview.xlf

please can any one suggest me how to solve this error.

Regards

Thank you

Maruti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti,

The problem looks like ur Vendor_View.wdview.xlf is read only. If so then switch to the navigator perspective and then go to corresponding files that have similar type of issue, Right click>properties>uncheck the read only property.

This should solve ur problem.

Else give the full details of ur error.

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan Kumarappan

Thank you so much .you are right. I have changed the properties as you suggested and its working now.I could able to modify labels.

By the way may i know how did it happend like that../ as I need to change the properties for each and every related file in the project.Please let me know if you have got any idea.Any way your suggestion solved my problem and I am awarding ponits.

Regards

Maruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I have the same problem that Maruti has. And I also see that these files are "Read Only" as you have told Maruti.

I would like to know what exactly caused these files to be generated as "Read Only" when I imported my project from the DTR. Is it some authorization setting for my ID in the DTR, because of which I am not allowed to change those objects ? Or is it something else ?

Regards,

Navneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a project from the active version of a DC so yuo can edit it locally, you should then immediately switch to the inactive view and do a sync sources - this should allow you to check all files out and avoid this issue.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maruti,

You must have created your project from the Active DCs thats the reason you had to manually check out the file.

If you create from Inactive DCs, you don't have to manually check out the files, as soon as you change the content, DTR will prompt you a message to check out the file.

Answers (0)