cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raising sap alert in case of "Application Error"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a WS to RFC sync scenario. in case of RFC exception is being returned, message at sxmb_moni has status of "Application Error".

is it possible to raise alert following the above scenario?

Note:

I'm able to raise alerts in case of "system error" therefor i assume my alert configuration is "tuned".

Regards

Uri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uri,

In the Alert configuration you can select the No restriction radio button (where did the error occur section) then you will get the alerts for application error as well as system error.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

10x.

are you sure? i re-checked my alert-configuration and it seems it was as you describe. and yet, i'm not able to "catch" Application Errors and raise relevant alerts.

since, in case of "Application Error" returned code (from RFC), there is actualy no error at XI. is it possible that raising alert at that case is not feasible?

Regards

Uri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uri,

The alert takes the application error as well as system error. In case of application error, XI takes the data and put that data in the RFC. At the time of putting the data in the RFC if any error occur (like special character came,....) then it should raise an alert, but once the RFC is send to the R/3 then at that time it is out of XI, so this type of errors we can handle at the R/3 side.

Regards

Ramesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that if an Application Error occurs in the receiver system then you cannot raise an alert for it in SAP XI/ PI (at least by using the alert configuration). Within XI/ PI it will be just a response message.

However if XI components (like IE) give an application error it can be captured by the alert category/ rule.

Regards,

Abhishek.