cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute URL IMAGE UI control in Web Dynpro ABAP fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to display a .jpg from the Internet, either using a URL or an RFC Destination as the source.

The "Web Dynpro ABAP Development in Detail" manual says that this can be done using only the Source attribute of the IMAGE UI control (see page 114) - that is,

create an RFC Destination G-HTTP entry for the URL,

type in that RFC Destination as $NAME$

append any further extension of the URL as "/path in lower letters"

I can enter an RFC Destination (ex., $UBERORBS$) which points directly to a single image file via its host/path and it is displayed in SE80's Layout Preview, but nothing displays at runtime.

If I try to extend an RFC Destination's path to point to that image file (ex., $UBERORBS_BASE$/uberorbs_44pence.jpg), the image is also displayed in the Layout Preview, but not at runtime.

Is this a bug? or something wrong with our implementation? We are at SAP_BASIS 700 level 0006.

(Also, if the Source entry is not exactly correct, SE80 aborts following the entry with STRING_OFFSET_NEGATIVE.)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's another piece of information.

I am able to use the test app WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS to display at runtime the $UBERORBS$ RFC Destination-absolute URL image.

So, does this mean that there is a critical setting within my Web Dynpro component which must be set properly to permit this?