Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing the connection from BI folder to SAP folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I did system copy and i have replicated the data source successfully

My question here is after doing all the tasks successfully

when i check in RSA1 under source system column the connection is ok. But, SAP Connection is showing in BI folder instead of showing under SAP folder.

So, How to get the SAP connection in SAP folder which is showing under BI folder

Please let me know

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Folder name is for logical grouping. No need to change now. No Impacts

But if you really want to change then you can delete the existing connection . Never delete that from RSA1.

For deleting entrys from RSBASIDOC table you will need a function module RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT

Then again you can create new connection under SAP folder.

But why to take risk if everything works fine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

Now i did system copy for quality system of BI system.

This time i dont want to get the sap connection in BI folder

so could you please know me what the next steps i need to do after system copy of BI system that is in RSA1

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just after system copy before restoring those source system connections , you can delete the corresponsing entries from RSBASIDOC, EDp13, EDP21 and EDPP1 tables. To delete from RSBSIDOC, you need the func module I mentioned earlier. For rest of the tables, you can simply use SE16 to delete corresponding entries of a particular source system.

Then from RSA1 click on any particular folder you want and from the context menu ( right click) just recreate those source system. To perform this you will need both your BI system and ECC source system's client to be open and modifiable ( from SCC4 and SE06) and one dialog user id and one communication user id in the source system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks you very much of your help

After system copy i am facing a problem in Production system that is

Jobs are getting failed due to the given below error

Java system error: call FM RSRD_X_PRODUCE_PROXY to ProgId xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on host xxxxxxxxx with SSOnot authorized: No login m

Message no. RSBOLAP018

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the BI components on the SAP J2EE Engine.

Procedure

Contact your system administrator to have the error analyzed in detail.

Procedure for System Administration

Start the Visual Administrator, log on to the SAP J2EE Engine and choose "<J2EE_SID>" ->"Server" -> "Services" -> "Log Viewer".

The file "defaultTrace.trc" includes detailed information about the error that occurred. In Windows, you can find this file in the Log Viewer under "Cluster <computer name>" -> "Server <server number>" -> "<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC<INSTANCE>\j2ee\cluster\server<NUMBER>\log". ". In Unix, the file is located under "/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<INSTANCE>/j2ee/cluster/server<NUMBER>/log".

If the file does not include enough detail about the error, you can increase the log level to obtain more information. To do this, choose "<J2EE_SID>" -> "Server" -> "Services" -> "Log Configurator". On the "Locations" tab page, choose "com" -> "sap" -> "ip" -> "bi" -> "webapplications". Using the selection list on the right side of the screen, you can increase the log level, whereby "DEBUG" represents the log level with the most information. You can save your settings by choosing the "Save" icon. The change to the log level is active immediately. Once you have successfully analyzed the error, you should set the log level back to its default value using the appropriate pushbutton; continuous writing to the log file negatively affects the overall performance of the system.

Please let me know how to fix the problem ...

Thanks & Regards,

Arun