cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input field mandatory trough property

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

pls tell how to make a input field as mandatory by binding the property with it,i have binding a attr of type wdui_state,but now if value is abap_true,its not making it mandatory.

pls tell if any one have worked with it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vipin,

Set the attribute binded to State property with values 00 and 01.

here NP4_mandatory is my attribute of type WDUI_STATE binded to Input field's State property.

Mandatory - 01.

Not Mandatory - 00.

It is working for me.

lo_el_np4_number->set_attribute(

name = `NP4_MANDATORY`

value = '00' ). -

Not mandatory.

-

lo_el_np4_number->set_attribute(

name = `NP4_MANDATORY`

value = '01' ). -

Mandatory.

Edited by: Saurav Mago on Oct 21, 2009 2:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav

tell me one thing,i was just missing with the 01 & 00 thing,i tried it but now it has made the field notation as * looks to be mandatory,but i can move to nxt tab without filing any data,so its not working as mandatory.

secondly,i also have attached the visible property,so when i have to make it mandatory,i also need to put 'X' to make it visible,is this only way to do with the fields have multiple properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before moving to another UI element, you want this check for mandatory nature. Visible property for which UI element was set.

On what basis, you are making UI element visible or not.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vipin,

With Wdui_state , it gives a * mark in Red. This will just give an idea to user that this field is mandatory.

If you dont fill this field, then you have to check it and reaise error message for the user.

1. get the value of input field.

2. Check if it is empty , raise an error message.

1. Get the value of input field.

lo_el_np4_number->get_attribute(

EXPORTING

name = `NP4NUMBER_INPUT`

IMPORTING

value = lv_np4number_input ).

2. if lv_np4number_input is initial. ( Also check that mandatory property has 01ie if it is mandatory and empty)

Raise error message.

Edited by: Saurav Mago on Oct 21, 2009 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have to validate the input fields from the SPRO settings,so i have attached the property of ready only,required & visible with the fields,now the property needs to be set comes from the SPRO,it can be req or read only or visible,so i am trying to do it.

so observed that,if need to make a field read only or req,i 1st have to make the filed as visible than only i can make it as my requirement.

but now,after making it a mandatory,its showing * in front of filed screen name,as its a required file,but if i am moving to different tabs,of tabstript,its not giving any mandatory fields options & easily moving with differtn tabs,where i want it shd stick to this tab,unless & until its not filled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

secondly,i also have attached the visible property,so when i have to make it mandatory,i also need to put 'X' to make it visible,is this only way to do with the fields have multiple properties

Yes , when fields are mandatory then you have to make it visible also .

1. For viisbility issue , bind input fields with wdui_visibility .

2. for visible : set 02 and Invisible : Set 01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

now,after making it a mandatory,its showing * in front of filed screen name,as its a required file,but if i am moving to different tabs,of tabstript,its not giving any mandatory fields options & easily moving with differtn tabs,where i want it shd stick to this tab,unless & until its not filled.

1.Implement the OnSelect event of Tabstrip.

2. Inside this event check whether field is mandatory or not.

3. If it is mandatory ,check whether some value has been filled or not.

4. If it is mandatory and empty, Raise an error message and thus you wont be able to move to other Tabs.

I hope it would help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks all,

i think its mandatory to raise error message to make the fields as required,i was thinking if i bind the property of required it will do the work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First decide the visibility check, Only if it visible then only check for Mandatory nature.

When moving to other tab, your Onselect event of tab and MODIFYVIEW gets triggered.

In this MODIFYVIEW , you raise the error if the Input field is not filled. It should work.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use this method too.

This code checks if there is any Field in the view which is mandatory and not filled. It gives error " Please fill the entries".

Check this out if it helps you. You can implement the same in OnSelect Event of Tabstrip.

data: lt_msg TYPE cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>t_check_result_message_tab,

lo_view_controller TYPE REF TO if_wd_view_controller,

lo_message_manager type ref to if_wd_message_manager.

lo_view_controller ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

lo_message_manager = lo_view_controller->get_message_manager( ).

cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view(

EXPORTING

view_controller = lo_view_controller

display_messages = abap_true

IMPORTING

messages = lt_msg ).

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Just a little advice. You shouldn't hard code the values 01, 02, etc for visibility/mandator. These values could change over time, since they are generated from the UML models. Plus they make your code more difficult to read. There are always constants generated for these values.

For visbility you can use

CL_WD_UIELEMENT=>E_VISIBLE-NONE or CL_WD_UIELEMENT=>E_VISIBLE-VISIBLE.

For mandatory you can use

CL_WD_INPUT_FIELD=>E_STATE-NORMAL or CL_WD_INPUT_FIELD=>E_STATE-REQUIRED.

All the UI elements have similar CL_WD_* classes that contain constants with the enumerated values for most properties.