cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP proxy client call PI with new client 120 in old business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have a requirement to call PI from ABAP client proxy in synchronous mode via a CRM client 120.

CRM client 100 is already configured in the Business system talked above but now we need the same business system to be configured for client 120 as well.

My question is If we go to the SLD and

|-> Click on Business System

|-> Add new client 120

Will it work or we need to do some extra configuration for communication channel.

Also please let me know how to configure Integration Directory for sender agreement, Receiver Agreement and the communication channel.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all

>

> We have a requirement to call PI from ABAP client proxy in synchronous mode via a CRM client 120.

>

> CRM client 100 is already configured in the Business system talked above but now we need the same business system to be configured for client 120 as well.

>

> My question is If we go to the SLD and

> |-> Click on Business System

> |-> Add new client 120

>

> Will it work or we need to do some extra configuration for communication channel.

>

> Also please let me know how to configure Integration Directory for sender agreement, Receiver Agreement and the communication channel.

>

> Thanks in Advance.

you scenario will itself need to be reconfigured/created since now you will be interacting with a new BS (client 120)

Ref:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naina ,

We have a requirement to call PI from ABAP client proxy in synchronous mode via a CRM client 120.

CRM client 100 is already configured in the Business system talked above but now we need the same business system to be configured for client 120 as well.

My question is If we go to the SLD and

|-> Click on Business System

|-> Add new client 120

-

> hope the technical entry of CRM is already in SLD . So you just need to make a business system entry . point the business sytem to the technical system entry with the right client here 120 .

Will it work or we need to do some extra configuration for communication channel.

-

> since sender is client proxy you don't need to do anything in case of receiver proxy you will be needing reciver communication channel of XI adapter type .

for proxy based communication your application system(other than PI/XI) should be able to make a proxy call to XI or receive a call from XI .for this purpose you need to make some settings at R/3( or CRM level)

For this check blog : /people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Other steps i.e Interface determination/receiver determination are as usual .

Regards ,