cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing a field from BSP to external page calling the BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have an html page that calls a BSP. In the BSP, the user can display a list of vendor numbers. I want to pass the vendor number that the user clicks on back to the calling html page.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Kind Regards

Gustav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are you using for displaying the vendor numbers?I mean are you using a tableview?

Regards,

Azaz Ali.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the caller page has a field of variable for that number, you can simply use javascript and refer to it with opener.

Check http://www.webreference.com/js/tutorial1/opener.html for details.

Eddy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy

This is exactly what I want to achieve, I do however get a problem. I get an Access Denied message when I click on the vendor number that I want to pass back to the calling page.

I will try the solution that Raja advised with the parameter passing in the URL.

Kind Regards

Gustav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azaz

At this stage I'm using a variable with a url link. I am more than willing to change this if there is another way of doing it.

Please note that the html page that I'm calling the BSP from is from a non-SAP system, so it cannot interface with my SAP system.

Storing the fields in the page attributes of the BSP page will not work, because I cannot reference it from the calling page.

Kind Regards

Gustav

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from BSP pass the value via url to the non sap html page.

in the non sap html page you can use javascript to read the query string and set it as value for the form fields.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pass that variable into a variable and pass that variable to the page by following code given below..

call method navigation->set_parameter

exporting

name = 'var1'

value = var1.

navigation->goto_page( 'first.htm' ).

Regards,

Azaz Ali.