Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM02 or MM03

former_member534411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement - if i press F4 in mm02 or mm03 initial screen we have many tabs. In one tab i need to add a one custom field called ( MARD-LGPBE ) Box Number.

Is there any standard way to modify or any BADI or if any body knows way to solve this problem let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Suresh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should update the search help MAT1, SAP allows to update the search help.

Now MAT1 is collective search help, so you need to update the first single search help, if you want to insert your field in the first tab.

Max

6 REPLIES 6

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YOu need to go for the enhancement of the search help for matnr i.e.: S_MAT1.

In other words you have to create a search help exit for the search help S_MAT1.

Refer this link for some help:

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should update the search help MAT1, SAP allows to update the search help.

Now MAT1 is collective search help, so you need to update the first single search help, if you want to insert your field in the first tab.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Thanks for your help full answer.

i need to suppose to add a new field in <b>MAT1A</b> search help. If i add a new field which is standard field in SAP how abt data do we need to implement search help exit or it will fetch valid data automatically.

Thanks

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi

The search help MAT1A is based on view M_MAT1A and this view get data only from MARA, so I think it should be better to update a search help uses MARD table.

For example you can try to update the search help like H_MARD.

Anyway you have to insert a view uses MARD table in the selection method, in this way you don't need to use a search help exit.

Max

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

you can extend the Collective search help by adding your own Serach help to the main one .

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/cf/21ee2b446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm">documentation</a>