cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What needs to be consider if want to merge 2 warehouse into 1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

This issue is quite tough for me. My user wants to consolidate data; merge 2 warehouses into 1 warehouse. There'll be so many things to consider including other modules involvement like SD,Finance,PP,master data and so on. Please if anyone can explain in details what should i think of to execute the task...

very much appreciate..

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NA

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, my user want to merge 2 storage locations into 1. Storage 1000 and 1111. Both are under the same plant, 6S00. They want to transfer everything from 1000 to 1111. Both storage are not using WM but contains warehouse stock(not really sure about this). I think there should not be any problem on MM and FI but for SD, there'll be a bit problem because it is using a user exit to determine storage. The logic behind is, if shipping point NH11, storage will be 1000. if shipping point NH22,storage will ne 1111.

Please advise what should i do on this and what else need to consider?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

You can do a transfer posting from 1000 - 1111 storage location if you want to keep al the inventory in this storage location

use t code MB1B with movement type 311.

You can create delivery from shipping point NH22 and desptach goods

Hope it helps

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you merge the 2 slocs, then you user exit won't work anymore. You can then have the std shipping point/sloc config to use one shipping point. You won't use more than one shipping point once you've got only one sloc with all your stock in.

Regards,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

any more response??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your current org structure? Do you have one plant with 2 WH's, or 2 plants with a WH each?

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

any response??