cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS-U CS - Telephony and Web Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

am implementing the corripondent SAP Industry Solution (IS-U). In particular I am working on the CS module (Customer Service).

There is a strong requirement from the client, to implement the Customer Interaction Center and integrate it with telephony functions (IVR). For example:

1) Customer calls to a toll-free number and enters the customer number,

2) System checks an validates the number and offers different options and suboptions (press 1 to know your account balance; press 2 to change your personal data, etc).

3) Customer press a button, and the system executes the action requested.

4) The system registers a contact/interaction with the Customer.

The same requirement exists for the web access.

I am new to this module, so I am a litlle bit clueless on what I should look for, or with what I should start. I heard something about CTI Component, but I am not sure if this would work.

Did you have a similar requirement? How did you solve it? Do you have documentation that can help me with this?

Any help would be higly appreciated....thank you very much in advace.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We integrate with IVR through interfaces and an intermediate application. We download the master data to a database that IVR has access to and when the customer goes through the options, at the appropriate points, the IVR application (I am not sure but I think it is a VB application) makes call to ISU via web service calls through PI(XI).

You can create web services or remote function modules for all the options in IVR and have the IVR application call them through XI or directly depending on what EAI solution you have.

Remember that it is very important that you need to define your boundary around what calls require real time inquiry to ISU and what options need static data. You can download the static data to IVR database in batch. This will reduce the load on the ISU system.

Edited by: Srinivas Adavi on Oct 20, 2009 6:09 PM

Answers (0)