Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you Disable "Outgoing Payment"/"Credit Memo" radio button FB05/F-51?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are similar transactions, but in FB05 and F-51 there is a "Transaction to be Processed" section that contains the following radio buttons:

- 1. Outgoing payment

- 2. Incoming payment

- 3. Credit memo

- 4. Transfer posting with clearing

Due to Sarbanes Oxley controls, we have segregated the people that execute these specific processes (for example, F110 is used for posting the outgoing payment). However, the people that post the Incoming Payments and Transfer posting with clearnings use FB05 and F-51... which gives the ability to process the Outgoing payment and Credit memo options.

These four items show up as active radio buttons, and I have been unable to find a way to disable (appear as greyed-out via security object or other) the Outgoing Payment and Credit Memo options.

Do any of our experts out there have any experience or ideas in how to disable those two options from these T-codes?

Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The appearance of a radio button does not neccessarily mean that they can use it. You can trace your options.

Most transactions will inform you or even hide the option, depending on your choice of transaction.

A popular solution is SHD0 to change the screen, but looking for a more granular SAP transaction would be my advice.

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The appearance of a radio button does not neccessarily mean that they can use it. You can trace your options.

Most transactions will inform you or even hide the option, depending on your choice of transaction.

A popular solution is SHD0 to change the screen, but looking for a more granular SAP transaction would be my advice.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can create a variant transactions with SHD0.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Disabling a button in a Tcode can be done very easily by using the Variant Transaction concept. Please have a look into the following link:

[Creation and Use of Variant Transaction|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40d1443e-0184-2c10-c68d-c612f771fe6f]

Regards,

Dipanj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am no finance expert, for a start and i dont want to repeat again and again the idea of creating transaction variants (i see in quite a few threads that the experts seem to have a penchant for this and personally it is my least preferred option

Anyway, coming to the discussion - i would prefer having more granular transactions as Julius mentioned

Go to SE38, enter the program name SAPMF05A (this is what is called when FB05 is used) then click on the where used list (CtrlShiftF3), de-select all options and select the option for transactions, you will get a list of transactions that use the program and it lists the granular transactions for FB05 (ex: FB60 for Incoming Invoices)

I would like to think, that we can restrcit the access to different "Buttons" based on a few basic principles (it is only a idea, i didnt try it) The different radio buttons signify different activities Accounts payable & Accounts receivable, so it should be for customers and Vendors - make a restriction on the account types (F_BKPF_KOA) in the role that has FB05, you can also make restriction on what kind of documents are processsed based on the document types (F_BKPF_BLA) used in FB05 - that could be a option, Ideally the customer invoices would be a different document type than the vendor invoices, isnt it?

There is no harm in giving it a try - so go ahead and try in the Development system. see how it goes..............

Good luck and dont shoot me if it doesnt work (or) if you already tried all these options

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

F_BKPF_BED - Customer A/c

F_BKPF_BEK - Vendor A/c

F_BKPF_BES - G/L A/c

F_BKPF_BLA - Document Type