cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICR-Intercompany Reconciliations - Use of Sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

We are in the process of implemeting the ICR process and have chosen to go with the Process 003 with Customer and Vendor Open items but at the same time have chosen to include GL Open items from Process 001.

Our client requires that only certain GL accounts be picked up for the ICR process.

So I went and changed the Set ID 1000 which included all accounts from 000000000 - ZZZZZZZZZ and added just the accounts that we needed. Is that good enough?

Do I have to change the sets 2000 for Customers and 3000 for Vendors?

And after those changes do I have to run the select documents FBICS1 and FBICA1 again or does that only impact FBICR3?

And does anything need to be done to the Object Group and Subgroups - Trn FBRC009.

Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated

Regards

Satpal

Edited by: Satpal Narang on Oct 21, 2009 10:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wouldn't it be possible to do this by implementing process 001 and 003 in parallel - as FBICS1has G/L account as selection parametre ?

Or even better, have SAP creating the correct selection parametres for FBICS3 as this program should have the possibilities of doing the same restriction as FBICS1, as long as it is recommended to merge the 2 processes.

I'm doing an implentation right now and will probably try to go for seperate processes due to this lack of functionality.

Regards,

Peter

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Please create a service ticket regarding this issue. I will extend the selection screens of the programs to include restriction of the "other" open items.

Whether you separate the processes should depend solely on whether or not you want to see GL and AR/AP open items on the screen at the same time or not.

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ralph

It would be great if the selection items in FBICS3 could include/exclude items from the other open items so that we can make these selections upfront and not have to deal with the BADI etc.

Do you know how soon this can get done?

Regards

Satpal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satpal,

Ralph has made note 1402884 available for this. I haven't tried to implement it due to the number prerequisites - I need to be on a higher supportpackage for this...

Rgds,

Peter

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satpal,

There are 2 ways of limiting the GL accounts to be reconciled in process 003. The first (and in my opinion more efficient) way is to implement BADI method RESTRICT_SELECTION and implement a logic for restricting the account numbers there (e.g. based on a custom table for maintaining accounts to be selected). That way runtime of data seleciton can be reduced since open items you are not interested in are excluded from selection. You can use the example implementation in CL_IM_FB_ICRC_001.

The second way is to do what you have set up to exclude certain GL accounts from your object groups. However, in that case you will probably end up seeing them in the object group "Data records not contained in any object groups" - unless you specify the object groups to be processed on your selection screen. The downside to this solution is that you use the unwanted open items during data selection and automatic assignment - therefore increasing runtime and data volume. The good thing about it is that you do not need to bother with a BADI implementation.

Either solution will work. You will have to decide which one is better for you...

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph

Thanks for your prompt reply. As usual your guidance in this area has been stellar.

We took your advice and went ahead and implemeted the BAPI and in our DEV system I had access to the auxillary program FBICRC003_DATA_DEL transaction FBIC023 and was able to delete the existing selections and rerun the selection process with success for the accounts we wanted.

Now we have restrictions in our Quality systems and as a result am not able to delete the data there.The question is that do I really have to go in and delete data or will FBICS3 automatically run and reselect the records based on this change.

As always appreciate your prompt and extremely help in this regard.

Satpal

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satpal,

If I am understanding you correctly you implemented logic for restricting the GL accounts in a BADI implementation. In that case running data selection again should delete all open items which are not transferred by the next data selection.

Best regards,

Ralph