cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD external referencing on cFolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an AutoCAD drawing with external references to other autocad drawings. An external reference is a link from 1 autocad file to another and both files are required in order for a file to be usable. How do I save this in cFolders?

Let me know if the question is not clear enough and I can elaborate.

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

external reference means is there any standard cad file which needs to refer for perticular drawing or the drawing which is called in parent drawing. Please eloborate more... may be this can achieved by having document structure in cfolders.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Thanks a lot for the response. Let me use the example that I am testing with. I have drawing1.dwg with a circle on it and drawing2.dwg with square on it. I can open drawing1.dwg and include drawing2.dwg as an external reference. When I open up drawing1.dwg it will contain both a circle and a square. If I delete or move drawing2.dwg from the current folder on my hard drive the link is broken and only the circle will be visible in drawing1.dwg. This is conceptually similar to having an html file with graphic jpg file. If I move or delete the jpg file the web page will not show the graphic.

Based on the above example, if upload drawing1.dwg to cFolders the link is lost. Could you please explain what you mean by "document structure" in a cFolders context? We have the same issues in DMS and I found that we need to have the PLM CAD Integration (which is a 3rd party component). cFolders was designed for to handle complex engineering collaborations and I am wondering how this is handled.

Please do let me know if you got any questions.

Thanks,

Lashan