cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3 SP8 - Action Usage by User Report - Change Start Date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When we run the report "Action Usage by User" in RAR, it shows a default "Start Date" of 1/12/2009. RAR put this in there on its own. We never got the Action Usage Generation Job working correctly until a few weeks ago (we had some issues that SAP addressed and then it took time to get resources to go back and resolve some things on our side). Since we've only had the background job that pulls STAD data running successfuly since 10/3/2009 (it runs every 6 hours), we'd like to change the default "Start Date" on that Report Screen to be 10/3/2009. This way, users are not confused into thinking when they run the report and leave the date set as 1/12/2009, they are getting tcode usage data since that date. Because they're not getting tcode usage since that date. Our records really only go back to 10/3/2009.

We could instruct our users to change the date every time but we feel it'd be easier if we just changed the date so they didn't have to worry about it.

Does anyone know how we could tweak this? What table that default date would be under? How could we modify?

Thanks!!

--

Jes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jes,

For me, it is working fine. The only way to change this would be to go through DB level. I am also on SP8 and it looks good.

--Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The initial date of ours probably got set when we first tried running the job in early January. But that doesn't matter now; we just need to know if/how we can change it

When you say DB level...do you know the name of the specific table in which we can edit?

Thanks!

--

Jes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know only one table which can be related to this. It is 'virsa_cc_actusage'

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The table where that date is is VIRSA_CC_USAGECTL

If you use the debugger tool, you'll see there's only 1 row in this table. You'll find the FROMDATE, TODATE, and FILENAME columns. I FILENAME column should be null.

Row FROMDATE TODATE FILENAME

1 2009-01-12 9999-12-31

If possible, could you confirm you are seeing similiar information?

The issue we are having is trying to figure out how to update this table...we need that FROMDATE to be 2009-10-03.

Thanks!

--

Jes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Jes. I can see the information and it is the right table.

Just update the DB directly.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep that's exactly what we just did and it worked!

Thanks

--

Jes