cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger BIC mapper - CRLF as the segment delimiter

0 Kudos

I am trying to configure an E2X AS2 scenario using Seeburger adapters but the sender AS2 channel is failing. I receive the error "Length limit exceeded - no SEG. delim. found!!!" during the BIC mapping step. The format of the message I am receiving from the vendor has no segment delimiters and the different segments are simply on separate lines of the message. The fields are delimited with asterisks.

If I add ~ at the end of each line, and delete all of the CRLFs so that the entire message is on one line, the BIC is able to successfully map the EDI message to XML.

Without having the vendor change the format of the file, what can I do to configure the Seeburger adapters to recognize CRLF as the segment delimiter so I can process the vendor's files as they are currently creating them?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you try using the option "setIgnoreCRLF" in the source options in BIC MD? This option alone won't solve the problem but you may get some idea on what changes it makes and accordingly you can proceed with some other changes.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Prateek,

Is that a change that would affect all incoming AS2 messages? Ideally I would like to be able to control this at the party level, so I would prefer not to modify the ANSIX12 mapping that we use for all inbound AS2 messages.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This change would affect 1 mapping only. Suppose this ANSI mapping is for 850, then in BIC MD your change will affect all 850 scenarios. But you may also copy this mapping for this specific customer and deploy it as User Mapping on SDM.

Regards,

Prateek

0 Kudos

Prateek,

The BIC error is occurring before the split is invoked, therefore the mapping for the specific EDI document type never runs. The error occurs in the ANSIX12 mapping. I don't want to change this mapping because of a problem with a single partner since it is used for all incoming EDI messages.

I am looking for a solution that can be implemented at the level of the communication channel. If you are certain one does not exist then I will have to speak with our partner about reformatting their outbound message. Otherwise I will wait to see if anyone can provide the solution I am looking for.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this in the module chain

localejbs/Seeburger/ReplaceString                  Local Enterprise Bean              key

Then in module key parameter

key         searchString         "\n"
key          replaceString        "~"

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where to insert in module chain?

after calling BIC module?

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek ,

I have the similar issue and tried as you mentioned, but did not worked. Please tell if there is any other workaround for it.

Thanks,