cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to load database information

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several crystal reports that I created that read from an xml datasourse. Something has changed on my pc and I can now no longer preview the reports. I get the following dialog box when trying to preview the report:

Failed to load database information.

Details: The database DLL 'crdb_adoplus.dll' could not be loaded.

My production version is 9.2.3.1699

I have VS2003, VS2005, and VS2008 loaded with their most recent service packs.

thank you in advance for you help

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the version of the assembly crystaldecisions.crystalreports.engine.dll referenced in your project?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version number referenced in the project is 10.2.3600.0. I changed to version 9.2.3300.0 with the same results. However, the error messages that I originally posted came from the Crystal Reports 9 program instead of Visual Studio.

scott

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you search for crdb_adoplus.dll, do you find it? Let's settle on one version for the assemblies; 10.2 will be good. The dll should be in c:\Program Files\Business Objects\2.7\Bin. If it is there, open it in the Depends20 utility and see if it reports a problem with a dependency. Depends is here:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

The crdb_adoplus.dll has big dependencies on the framework, so make sure that is all good.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran that dependency checker against C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin\crdb_adoplus.dll. It found that I'm missing MSVCR90.DLL and DWMAPI.DLL. The question now is, where do I get those DLLs and what version should they be?

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I've found MSVCR90.DLL. Crystal Reports still has a problem. DWMAPI.DLL is a Vista DLL but I'm using XP so I'm not sure why dependency walker is showing it.

Scott

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting. DWMAPI.DLL is OK as is.

I'd like you to do the following to see if we get a different error message;

In your app, just before you set the ADO .NET dataset to the report, add this line of code;

myDataset.WriteXml(xmlPath, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema)

Then, open the report in the CR designer

Go to the database menu and select "Set Datasource Location"

Expand "Create New Connection"

Expand ADO .NET (XML)

Browse to the XML file created above.

Click the Finish button.

Highlight both the Current and Replace with datasources and click on the Update button.

What happens?

Also, see if you can create a new report using the above XML.

Oh, one more thing to do. I'd like to see where the app is looking for the crdb_adoplus.dll. Use the Process Monitor utility for that. ProcMon can be downloaded from here;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Filter it for your process as ProcMon likes to create huge files. Once you have the log, search for crdb_adoplus.dll to see where the app is looking for it.

One other thing to try; copy the crdb_adoplus.dll into your app bin directory. (Should not have to, but let's see what we get...)

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Things worked fine up until the finish button.

myDataset.WriteXml(xmlPath, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema)

Then, open the report in the CR designer

Go to the database menu and select "Set Datasource Location"

Expand "Create New Connection"

Expand ADO .NET (XML)

Browse to the XML file created above.

Click the Finish button.

After clicking the Finish button I get a Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer dialog box with the following:

Logon failed.

Details: mscorlib : Input string ws not in a correct format.

I have not yet run ProcMon.

Scott

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is all sounding quite strange. Let's see what ProcMon says. But I suspect I'll ask you to get me the xml and the report (with saved data) so I can have a look. However, right now, this looks to me like it may need a phone support case (just a heads up).

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Per PROCMON, CR is looking from crdb_adoplus.dll in c:\Program Files\COmmon Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin

Right now, because CR has problem, I cant save the report with data.

Scott

Edited by: ScottBoone on Oct 21, 2009 6:19 PM

How do I go about uploading files?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll set up an ftp container for this. I'd like you to zip up the report (no worries about saved data) and the xml. You'll get an email from the ftp server when the container is ready.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I uploaded the xsd file but forgot to include the rpt and now the ftp container has expired. Could you please create another one for me?

thansk

Scott

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will do.

Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I opened the report in the CR designer and point the report at the XML I get a field mapping dialog. The report is looking for a field called PO_COST and can not find it in the xml. PO_COST is used in the report and it is of type number. But it is not in the XML.

???

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I'm not sure how that happened. Evidently, the I changed the database and didn't update my xml file. Regardless, I am still having problems. When in Visual Studio, I tried creating a new report using the xml file I supplied to you. After selecting the file and clicking Finish, I get the following error dialog box:

Login failed.

Details: mscorlib : Input string was not in a correct format.

Scott

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can not reproduce the issue. If doing a repair of .NET and reinstalling CR does not help, this is going to require a phone support case.

Phone support can be obtained here;

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I am also facing the same issue of crdb_adoplus.dll.

I using Visual Studio 2010 beta. Crystal Report 12.0.2000.0 version dlls.

I am adding .Net object(class ) as data source to report.

Just few weeks back I was using VS2008. Later migrated to VS2010. After migrating this is the first time I am adding new crystal report to the project.

Referring to this post I ran Dependecy tool. First got error for MSVCR90.DLL. I found that dll and placed in C:\Windows\System32 folder.

I didn't run ProCon

Still that error persists.

Am I missing some other steps? Let me know how to proceed ahead.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin, please create a new thread as per the following:

[Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Beta - read before posting|;

Ludek

Answers (0)