cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA without Diagnostics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

We are planning on setting up EWA in an Solution Manager 7.0 Ehp1 system.

Our Landsacpe consists of 4.7 R3 systems based on SAP_BASIS 6.20 and BI systems based on Netweaver 7.0. All the systems, Logical componenets and Solutions have been setup in SMSY on the Sol Man system.

We are not planning on implementing Diagnostics in the near future and we have do not have CCMS setup in any of the R3 or BI systems.

Now is there any value in just setting up EWA for these systems in SOl Man. If we turn on SDCCN in the R3 and BI systems what kind of alerts will I be able to see in Sol Man system, assuming that all config related to EWA (SDCCN) has been setup in Sol man and satelliet systems.

Also, we have configured the production systems in a separate solution.

If I regsiter this solution with SAP will I be getting any reports on the health of the systems based on the current config ?

Will EWA collect statistics from saposcol in each system and generate any valuable reports OR will EWA without CCMS setup (OR Diagnostics) not yield any report ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapkid,

You can configure EWA without diagnostics and later add the same with diagnostics. The initial prerequisite of configuring diagnostics is Activating SDCCN , Early watch alerts etc, We call it as Starter solution manager pack. Once this is done, we can proceed with configuring diagnostics by installing wily IM , SMD agents etc.

Please go ahead and configure EWA and diagnostics can be added at later stage.

Best regards,

Vin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vin

But, what about the EWA reports that are generated in Sol Man system, will it be useful and contain any analysis data ?

and what about the EWA report that are generated for such a solution when registered with SAP, how useful will that be ?

Thanks

Sapkid

Answers (0)