cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager SMSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a question on setting up BI systems in Solution manager transaction SMSY.

We have a BI landscape running on Netweaver 7.0 (ABAP+JAVA).

Under SMSY->SYstems, I have setup the systems under 'Product' SAP Netweaver and 'Product version' SAPNetweaver 7.0

But when setting up Logical Components I noticed that there is more granularity under SAP Netweaver->SAP Netweaver 7.0 -> 'Main Instnce'

where the options allow to choose 'Business Intelligence' but when I select this and configure the Logical component, I am unable to assign the created BI system to this logical componnet since I get a message 'No system found for this product/main instance'.

Because of this I had to create the Logical Component under SAP Netweaver->SAP Netweaver 7.0 ->Application Server ABAP and assign the systems.

Just wondering if this is the right way to go to setup a Netwevare (ABAP+JAVA) based BI systems in Sol Man 7.0.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder how you didn;t find the BI system under logical components. Let me repeat the steps :

1. Created a system unde SAP Netweaver.

2. In the Selection of Main Instance, select Business Intellegence as the main instance and unchecked all others.

3. Save

4. Go to Logical Component section.

5. Under SAP NetWeaver--Business Intelligence, created a ZXXX logical component.

6. Verify the Logical Component has status Active.

Now you should be able to select the system created in the drop down list.

Please revert back in case of any concern.

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Under SMSY->System-> Create New system-> Product 'SAP Netweaver' do you see an option to choose Business Intelligence ?

The only four options I see is

SAP Netweaver 7.1

SAP EHP1 FOR SAP Netweaver 7.1

SAP Netweaver 7.0

SAP Netweaver 04

However under Logical components I see an option to choose Business Intelligence under SAP Netweaver, but configuring the component here will not let you choose the systems created above under SAP Netweaver 7.0. This is my issue.

I am running Sol Man Ehp1 SPS20.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapkid,

I met with the same problem, Please check whether you selected the correct product version and database for the BI system.

For example , if the product you use is ECC 5.0 and but the system data shows as ECC 6.0 . Then you will get this error.

Best regards,

Vin

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI,

You wont find Business Intelligence as an option under the product SAP NetWeaver. There you need to select SAP NetWeaver 7.0 or 7.1 depending on your BI system. Once you save this, you can see a tab for the Selection of Main Instance in your right hand side section. There you mention your main instance as Business Intelligence. Once this is done, try adding this system to your logical component created under SAP NetWeaver--Business Intelligence. You shoudl be able to find your system in the drop down menu.

Let me know if you face any issue in this.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rajeev. After posting this message, I did a little bit of look around and found that. Nevertheless your answer was accurate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I am same problem and i can not fix this error.

Can you help me with the steps ?

Solman 7.1 - Logical Component is Active.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Gustavo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder how you didn;t find the BI system under logical components. Let me repeat the steps :

1. Created a system unde SAP Netweaver.

2. In the Selection of Main Instance, select Business Intellegence as the main instance and unchecked all others.

3. Save

4. Go to Logical Component section.

5. Under SAP NetWeaver--Business Intelligence, created a ZXXX logical component.

6. Verify the Logical Component has status Active.

Now you should be able to select the system created in the drop down list.

Please revert back in case of any concern.

Rajeev.