cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error - ship to party could not be determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

probably really easy error to resolve....

have created a new contract and billing type with reference to existing ones, the contract creates correctly however, when try to bill get error message that the ship to party could not be determined. If I use the old contract type that i referenced and the same material all is ok..

any help appreciated

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check , who is the ship to party for that sold to party in CMR data with which you have created contract. Also Check wheather that ship to party belongs to same account group or any other different account group. So check wheather Partner determination procedure has been maintained or not correctly

Secondly , if both SP,SH are same then check in Partner determination procedure wheather partner function SH has been maintained or not for that account group.

Regards

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew

thanks for the info - i have checked this and the new billing type is assigned to the same partner determination procedure as the old one! any other areas i should look?

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karen,

I would try and determine where the error is occurring. Start at the beginning and look at your customer master rec, if ship to is a partner of your sold to and all is valid , then view your contract, did the ship to get pulled into the contract succesfully, if not view your config in VOPAN else check the doc you created with reference to your contract, if the ship to did not get copied here, check your copy control betwen the documents. Once you determine the point of failure it should be just a config option to resolve.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you verified that the new Billing doc type is assigned the partner determination procedure as the old doc type. You can use transaction VOPAN to validate. Select Billing header, then select Partner determination procedure assignment.