cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete data transfers with TDMS HCM PA scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed this last week while transferring HCM PA data, and would like to hear what other users think and what steps they took about this for resolution.

It was found that the cost assignments do not move with the standard PA scenario. Further, the deductions in absence quotas do not transfer with the standard PA scenarios. If you also want to test this TDMS functionality, do a PA20 on your target client and then direct input infotypes 2010 for Cost assignments. They would be missing. To test if absence quota dedications move, do a 2006 as a direct input Infty and then right click >> Deductions; they would be missing.

Further research led me to the table PTQUODED that was missing and causing the quota deductions missing. Apparently TDMS doesnu2019t pick up this table while transfers so you have to manually add this to the TDMS selection logic. Now once I added this table there were duplicate entries in the target as you cannot select any other selection field except PERNR and that caused tons of duplicates, be prepared to change the default write behavior in this case.

The other issue about the cost assignments is still not resolved- I have an OSS message open for more than a week now but no results so far. Our payroll testing fails because the payroll reports need this cost assignments object to be able to execute. The reason behind this is also some missing tables. These are ASSHR and ASSOB. However I also need the PDSNR table to bring in the cost assignments entries and I cannot add that as the selection field must be PERNR and this table does not has that field so this is not selected during confirmation.

Per SAP, they will resolve this via SP4 during 11/2009 time frame- but when asked for the release notes or at least an OSS note that describes these symptoms they have refused to provide that by stating that they first need to do system analysis before they can provide me with any kind of documentation acknowledging this issue (s).

Feel free to contact me for further details and steps I have taken to make this work so far.

Regards,

Harmeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gerard_white
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Harmeet,

I'm sorry if you have understood that we at SAP do not acknowledge that you have a problem here. Clearly, it is inconveniencing you that the PDSNR table is not transported and we freely accept this.

The problem will be soon (before the end of October) resolved and a note made available. This note will include a description of the customising changes that must be made and also there will be code changes that you can install by using the standard SNOTE transaction.

Please do not alter the write behaviour!

Sorry again for any inconvenience.

Gerard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerard,

Thanks for the update. Look forward to this note and resolution.

Harmeet