cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot display data in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a small problem : i'd like to display data in a table from a SAP BAPI to an Iview.

First of all, I've read the documentation about the way of working with table and RFC model and so on and I didn't found what I was looking at.

To explain :

- I have developed a bapi in R/3 which should export data from a user.

- This bapi works fine => when I run it, the result excepted is the good one.

I've reimported my model, all data types are known in the dictionary, the structure table is known in the dictionary as well, the context is bind in the good way with the component controller and the component controller is mapped in a good way with the Iview.

When I run the application in the SAP portal, the table layout is displayed but data found in R/3 are not retrieved in the table.

It seems that data are not send from R/3 to Webdynpro.

This is the 3rd day I spend on this issue and I have at the moment no more ideas to fix this bug.

Maybe you do, so feel free to explain some possible solutions or asking if you need more inputs.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go through this pdf,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a00f7103-6790-2a10-ac9c-fcac7c5b18a3&override...

still problem exists use external break point while executing the rfc from UI.

Regards,

Ramesh Babu.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have reimported the model or removed/added the controller to view context, the binding would have broken. Make sure you see the outward arrow visible on the model attributes of view context exist, otherwise rebind the context to component controller or custom controller structures.

Another tips is

You can try to display the size of the BAPI return output object, if it's 0 then there is no data returned. I mean in the component controller you would have written retrieve method to fetch data from backend

wdContext.node<your BAPI>_Input().

current<your BAPI>_InputElement().

modelObject().execute();

After executing above code, check your output object return code or message lines or a structure object size information. If nothing is returned then there is a problem, sometimes return code and message lines will return something if your backend BAPI is executed.

Or as above posted suggested put external breakpoints in your BAPI and make sure the input parameters are correct.

Hope this helps

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen11 on Oct 21, 2009 8:58 AM

Edited by: Praveen11 on Oct 21, 2009 9:06 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

Thanks a lot for all your answers. My issue is resolved and it was an authorisation issue.... I wasn't able to read the data with my test user... :S

Thank you once again.

Regards

former_member191569
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matthieu,

follow these guidelines:

- Check your BAPI / RFC is working and retrieving the data (as you said, this is correct)

- In the context of the component controller or a custom controller, create a model node and establish a model binding to the model.

- Execute the RFC from your WebDynpro (using method execute from your model object) and check that the output nodes contains the data that the RFC outputs.

- Bind the model node (which contains the output from the RFC) to your table (filling property dataSource in your table)

- Bind table columns value to the context attributes inside the context node binded to the table.

Hope it helps,

David