Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not connect to remote server

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed CRM 7.0 and have completed the initial ABAP configuration. My crm_ui_frame service is active, however, when trying to access the Web User Interface using the following command:

http://stuartfb8e:8000/sap/bc/bsp/sap/crm_ui_frame/default.htm?sap-client=800

I am informed that the address is currently unavailable.

Is there anything else that I need to do other than is detailed in the installation guide? For example, I have not setup IIS on my server and I did not complete the ITS configuration as I do not believe that is required.

Cheers,

Stuart

Edited by: Stuart Oliver on Oct 20, 2009 3:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have now managed to work some of this out. My problem seems to be with my FQDN. When installing it seems I didn't set it, so the hostname has been set to be the same as the server.

Can anybody tell me how I can change the FQDN on CRM 7.0 and if I then need to do anything on the server itself?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

in RZ10 set icm/host_name_full = hostname.<domain name> and also maintain in the hosts file also

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

In RZ10? Which profile should I change? Also, which value?

In RZ04 I am currently using the DUMMY operation mode and the instance uses the profiles that were imported during the installation. However, the default profile is DEFAULT and no servers are listed.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Hope u have imported profiles as part of Post Installation steps. in RZ10 select instance profile --> extended maintainence --> Add parameter

Parameter --> icm/host_name_full

Value ---> <Hostname>.sap.com

Save the profile, and it requires to restart the SAP Application.

And also in the server and in local desktop from where you are accessing the SAP Application, maintain the details in hosts file also.

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Deleted

Edited by: Stuart Oliver on Oct 21, 2009 10:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need to add the parameter.

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry about the stupid question. I did see that you had already answered it!

What IP address would I use for the host in the hosts file? Is it ok to use 127.0.0.1?

Thanks so much for your help,

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Mahesh, you are a star.

I am now receiving n error because my user is not assigned a business role but I think that that means that the web ic started up correctly, so thanks again.

Stuart

Answers (0)