Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Trace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to generate a report with some requirement in Functional Spec, but my FS spec is not very clear, I would like to find out some necessary table information to suggest to Functional Consultant.

how is it possible this is an interview question for me, recently.

Regards,

U.khan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

yep you could use to check the list of tables which have been updated by using SQL Trace and then tell your functional consultant which tables were updated .

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all find the Module like any SD/MM/....Related

based on that you can find.

http://www.sapgenie.com/abap/tables.htm

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the interviewer said, using SQL trace we can find out at least some table information for the Functional Person to find out the necessary fields..

How can it be possible.?

i dont understand how to perform it.

U.khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yep you could use to check the list of tables which have been updated by using SQL Trace and then tell your functional consultant which tables were updated .

0 Kudos

You can use ST05 to trace a certain program. When you list out the trace, it will show all of the tables that were hit during the program execution. Now you can have you functional person take a look at these tables and find out how they fit together.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ubedulla,

Another way is to oprn the main program for th transaction in se80 transaction and open the Dictionary Structures node to see the tables involved in that transaction.

Take help of your functional consultant.

Regards,

ravi

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use ST05 tcode for a program. activate the trace and execute ur program and then deactvate the trace you will list out the trace, it will show all the tables that were hit during the program execution. Now you can ask the functional consultant take a look at these tables .

Pls reward points if u fine helpful...

Regards,

Nagaraj