cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit note with ref to invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when i create a credit note with ref to invoice it is copying the quantity in target quantity instead of order quantity.

can any one please help.

Thanks

syed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Credit note should always be generated referencing to the quantity what was supplied and NOT against order quantity. Is this not happening for you ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actual senario is we have billing plans in contracts, once we raise the invoice then when i try to raise the credit note with reference to invoice, message pops up with credit note request is already exits for line item 10, i have now unchecked the shedule lines in the item catgory, now after that when i create credit note with ref to invoice the quantity is now getting copied in to target quantity instead of order quantity.

Please help

Thanks

syed

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOV7, select your item category and execute. Check what is maintained for the field "Completion Rule". It should have been "B"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Firstly , Go to VOV7 and maintain Completion Rule as B . Secondly Check the schedule lines in the item category VOV7 also.

Now when you create credit note wrf to invoice quantity it should copy target quantity only

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have selected the option B in completion rule and checked the shedule lines but still the Qty is copying to Target Qty instead of order qty.

I want it to copy to Order qty.

Thanks

if any soulution provided soon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have selected the option B in completion rule and checked the shedule lines but still the Qty is copying to Target Qty instead of order qty.

I want it to copy to Order qty.

Thanks

if any soulution provided soon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want it to copy to Order qty. and still i receive a message that line item 10 has the credit note request

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a return order for another billing document and generate credit note for this. Post the outcome. Dont try with the same order had you changed in VOV7.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member566877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the item category which is getting determined in the credit note, tick Schedule lines allowed. It will now copy to order quantity.

Thanks

Krish.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

First of all chcek in VOV8 , what is the reference mandatory used ( billing document or sales document ) .

Secondly , Check how much quantity has been delivered

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mandatory field is biling document and when i enter billing document it is displaying that message.

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mandatory field is biling document and when i enter billing document it is displaying that message.

Syed