cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Sharepoint webservice from Abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a need to access a Sharepoint database from SAP. I am using the search.aspx webservice that sharepoint offers, or at least trying to. I set up an abap proxy from the WSDL that sharepoint supplied (which was not the best WSDL). From my ABAP I need to call the sharepoint service and I am having a little difficulty getting a result back.

Here is the ABAP code I have so far:

DATA: gr_query TYPE REF TO zgms_cycletimeco_query_service,

gs_input TYPE zgms_cycletimequery_soap_in,

gs_output TYPE zgms_cycletimequery_soap_out.

DATA: oref TYPE REF TO cx_root,

text TYPE string,

oref2 TYPE REF TO cx_root,

text2 TYPE string.

CREATE OBJECT gr_query.

CONCATENATE 'get_text( ).

ENDTRY.

I am trying to retrieve the record that contains HE2009-0624-084648 with no luck.

The error message I get says no results found.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Do I need to specify the field in sharepoint that contains this data?

Thanks in advance,

René

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to test proxy directly from SE80. to me it seems problem with query xml, perhaps you need to convert it to http (replace "<" tags with http equivalent)

But test with SE80 and let us know result.,

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I actually tested today in SE80 on the proxy, and the request was formatted as:

<n0:Query xmlns:n0="urn:Microsoft.Search" xmlns:prx="urn:sap.com:proxy:PLD:/1SAI/TAS4ADD6B94366302A825F7:700:2007/10/04">

<n0:queryXml>This is a string 6</n0:queryXml>

</n0:Query>

When I execute it, the reponse is:

- <n0:QueryResponse xmlns:n0="urn:Microsoft.Search" xmlns:prx="urn:sap.com:proxy:PLD:/1SAI/TAS4ADD6B94366302A825F7:700:2007/10/04">

<n0:QueryResult><ResponsePacket xmlns="urn:Microsoft.Search.Response"><Response domain=""><Status>ERROR_BAD_REQUEST</Status><DebugErrorMessage>Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.</DebugErrorMessage></Response></ResponsePacket></n0:QueryResult>

</n0:QueryResponse>

I don't really know what the format would be in between the queryXml tags. If anyone knows, please help!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renee & rest of you experts

I am trying to Consuming a Webservice that comes from Sharepoint

this is the wsdl file:

http://sitet.domain/_vti_bin/spsearch.asmx?wsdl

But it prompt me for a user and password ? - I have tryed to enter my Sharepoint pw without any luck..

How did you manage to access the Webservice - it seams to something setup with the AUTH. on sharepoint or ?

best regards

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I'm encountering the same problem.

Did you manage to solve this issue? And How?

Kind regards,

Bert Lemoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Renee

how did you resolve this error

"Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1."

i 'm trying to consumi updatelistitems web service from SAP PI 7.1

bilal

Answers (0)