cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of sap .net connector on windows 7 failes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have some applications that are using sap .net connector verssion 2.0.

Recently I upgraded my Operating System to windows 7,

And can't install the connector.

Does anyone know if the connector is compatible to this OP ?

Is there a newer verssion ?

Thanks

Yael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The connector is available for download.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The beta for the .Net Connector 3.0 (NCo 3.0) was to be completed at the end of October, 2010. We are waiting somewhat patiently for this new tool as well.

It is due out at any time now!

It is a whole new architecture, but much more flexible.

Cheers!

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yael,

The latest version of the SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET is 2.01 and availbale here http://service.sap.com/connectors. With regard to installing it on Windows 7 check out notes 943349 and 856863 (Release and support strategy). Basically the latest .NET environment supported is .NET 2.0 as long as it is backward compatible with .NET 1.1. Also, please be aware, that design time support for the connector expires at the end of this year (2009). Please see the notes for detail.

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed windows vista in my pc and and .net framework 1.1 also. After that when I tried to install SAP.Net Connector 2.0 getting an error message. My assumption is it is not compatible with vista . Can anyone please help me.

Thanks in advance

Joby Sebastian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver, if the SAP Dotnet Connetor is not supported, what is the replacment. I too am having issues installing 2.0 on Visual Studio 2008 and have found nothing on the web that supports the install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At First:

"Announcement: SAP plans a new Release of the SAP .NET Connector :

We are pleased to announce release 3.0 of the SAP .NET Connector. It will support current Windows releases (Windows XP 32 Bit, Windows 2003 32/64 Bit (x64), Windows Vista 32/64 Bit (x64), Windows 2008 64 Bit (x64) and later Windows 7) as well as up-to-date Microsoft .NET Runtime versions (2.0, 3.0 and 3.5).

If you are interested, please check out the details on the Connectors SMP Hompage, SAP .NET Connector section."

If you can not wait, you should take a look on ERP Connect from Theobald Software:

http://www.theobald-software.com/en/products/erpconnect.htm

Greetings from Germany,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

"ulala".... Sap .net connector 2.0 is done for Visual STUDIO 2003 and .net 1.1 framework....

Then bad idea to use Windows 7. I have a VM (Virtual PC) with Windows 2000 pro, VS2003 and the sap.net connector and a miniwas... and that's a very confortable solution. After I deploy my DLL built with theses tools including the two DLL provided by SAP and it does work ...

or www.erpconnect.net (tool I use)

Edited by: Jerome Fortias on Nov 4, 2009 9:48 AM