cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot start WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

after a successful installation of NW04s full java version, I cannot start the WAS when browsing to http://localhost:50100/.

I get the error "Cannot find server or DNS Error".

can someone help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

Seems memory issue. Try to increase the virtual memory and restart the system. Check the trace and log mentioned by Piyush Kumar

regards

Anand.m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use the correct hostname instead of localhost as the first option.

If you are on a single PC, which is not connected to network then even though you have a network card, the TCP/IP suite will not be initialized....so install microsoft loopback adapter and give a static IP address, which will go to your real hostname and things should be fine.

Thanks

Yatin

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Please try http://localhost:50100/index.html

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

now I get the following error:

503 Service Unavailable

Dispatcher running but no server connected!

Details: No details available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miller,

Open your MMC and see if all the nodes are green ,which indicates that your server is up and running.If not , paste the developer trace here.

Regards,

Umadevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem except that the error message is a bit different "You have requested an application that is currently stopped". I checked and all services (all nodes are green) are running fine in MMC.

Any help would be appreciated.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

j2EE engine nearly takes 30 minutes to start up. wait till the J2E node in SAP MMC to turn full green then try the url.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for ur reply. Actually i waited for nearly 2 hours after starting the servers and i see complete green for the J2EE engine and all the services under that node. Is there any trace/log that we can take and find out the root cause of this issue?

Thanks

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the MMC and all process should be green or else check the developer trace.

Go to windows services and check that all SAP process are started correctly or else start is manually (SAPsyscol(), SAP DB...()..etc)

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If you are using this from a laptop or computer not connected to Network then you will have to enable loopback adapter through Network settings.

Also, check your computer name from computer settings and then add following line to your hosts file

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1 hostname

Once you do that try restarting again. Note that documentation says it may take from 45 mins+ to start. Mine starts in 16 mins though.

Once it turns green on MMC try the URL

http://computername:50100/irj/portal

This error is coming because server may not be able to connect to message server.

You can check the logs in the following folder

/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/work folder

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please award for useful answers.

Message was edited by: Piyush Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just check the antivirus tool. stop the antivirus tool and then try to start the WAS server. sometimes antivirus creates a problems

Regards

Subhash