cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating a DC in NWDI from a Local DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a Local DC using New -> Development Component Project.

Now I am trying to Migrate the Local DC to NWDI DC.

I am following the below steps to migrate.

1. I am creating a New DC by Importing Configuration and then the SC's that are created are shown.Now I have disconnected from the NWDI.

2. Now I am creating a NEW DC in the Local DC Window in Development Component Prepsective.

3. After that I am copying the Folder under the Package Folder in the -local DC Project and pasting the same in the created new DC.

Now I am getting thousands of errors, these are few examples of the same.

1. com.sap cannot be resolved

2. wdControllerAPI cannot be reolved

3. the method wdGetAPI() is undefined for the type.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Palani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Palani,

right click on the project and select rebuild,reload and repair and restart NWDS

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bala,

I have tried all the options. But nothing seems to be working.

I have tried the steps that are provided in the

<URL>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/c8204dd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm <URL>

But nothing seems to be working.

Help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Palani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know what can be done in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Palani

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a local DC, all the references to standard classes is made into your local machine. but when you create a DC in a SCA, the standard API references are made to your SCA.

generally when you create a DC the way you created, first time you get all these exceptions because the new referances are not build but once you repair/reload/build the dc with in the SCA, the references are built and these errors go away. Sometimes, even closing / opening the NWDS is also required.

But i have seen cases where if we have some models being created in the local DC, I have seen issues in such cases, or if there are library references to local files, i have seen specific library errors.

So, if the above said steps by other guys are not helping, you might wana try importing one more time and before that check if your SCA has all the required default SCA's and DCs or not.

Regards,

Nitin