cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error - DBIF_DSQL2_SQL_ERROR - ORA-02019: connection description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am accessing a view in DWH system using EXEC ENDEXEC statements and getting the error as mentioned in the subject.

The Oracle error description is

ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found.

The DB link is given in the format OPS$SMART@VIEW_NAME@dblink.

I think the link name is correct . Is there any other was I can check if the connection is established between the DWH and SAP system?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Neethu Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neethu,

just a basic question .. is the database link created and specified correct?

Please post the result of the query:

shell> sqlplus / as sysdba
SQL> select * from all_db_links;

Please also check sapnote #25383 for the ABAP native SQL syntax.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your quick response.

How can we check the link is created ? Is there any place where it will be maintained, to confirm whether it is created ?

I got the link from my functional consultant with the statement that it is created.

When the below mentioned query is executed , it gave the error " Period missing for last statement" , So I tried giving it inside EXEC ENDEXEC. Then it again dumped with ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement.

Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere. I do not have much exposure in writing SQL code.

Thanks.

Neethu Mohan

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neethu,

> How can we check the link is created ? Is there any place where it will be maintained, to confirm whether it is created ?

Take a look at the SQL command from the previous post .. execute it and you will see it.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your efforts.

The issue is solved now. The major issue was, I was not provided necessary permissionm grants to the required views and the second thing was it should be OPS$SMART.VIEW_NAME@dblink instead of @ before VIEW_NAME.

Once again , thanks.

Neethu