3) Overview of redo log backups

not showing any logs

please reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check at OS level in the sapbackup directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First things first ... if DB12 shows no valid backups then perhaps there aren't any. Please do the following:

- Txn DB24 -> do you see any backup logs there?

- File /oracle/<SID>/saparch/arch<SID>.log ==> check this file (=summary log of all log backups)

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i have checked in DB24, it showing some Administrative database operation with error in processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am getting following errors

BR0278E Command output of 'C: && cd C:\oracle\IDE\ora92\database && C:\usr\sap\IDE\SYS\exe\run\brtools.exe -f printarg initIDE.ora spfileIDE.ora C:\usr\sap\IDE\SYS\exe\run\brtools.exe -f detach cpio -pdcu F:\IDES_Backup\IDE':

BR0252E Function CreateProcess() failed for 'cpio -pdcu F:\IDES_Backup\IDE' at location BrProgDetach-8

BR0253E errno 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

BR0265E Execution of program 'cpio -pdcu F:\IDES_Backup\IDE' failed

BR0279E Return code from 'C: && cd C:\oracle\IDE\ora92\database && C:\usr\sap\IDE\SYS\exe\run\brtools.exe -f printarg initIDE.ora spfileIDE.ora C:\usr\sap\IDE\SYS\exe\run\brtools.exe -f detach cpio -pdcu F:\IDES_Backup\IDE': 5

BR0222E Copying init_ora to/from F:\IDES_Backup\IDE failed due to previous errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not with you there... are these errors in any way related to your problem of locating the log backups?

Please check file \oracle\IDE\saparch\archIDE.log, which contains the summary of all redo log backups, successful and unsuccessful.

Rgds,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

previous problem was solved, one of the table locked, i have unlock the table using SM12 , after that i have scheduled the back up immediately, it was giving me following error

BR0278E Command output of 'C: && cd C:\oracle\IDE\ora92\database && C:\usr\sap\IDE\SYS\exe\run\brtools.exe -f printarg initIDE.ora spfileIDE.ora C:\usr\sap\IDE\SYS\exe\run\brtools.exe -f detach cpio -pdcu F:\IDES_Backup\IDE':

BR0252E Function CreateProcess() failed for 'cpio -pdcu F:\IDES_Backup\IDE' at location BrProgDetach-8

BR0253E errno 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

BR0265E Execution of program 'cpio -pdcu F:\IDES_Backup\IDE' failed

BR0279E Return code from 'C: && cd C:\oracle\IDE\ora92\database && C:\usr\sap\IDE\SYS\exe\run\brtools.exe -f printarg initIDE.ora spfileIDE.ora C:\usr\sap\IDE\SYS\exe\run\brtools.exe -f detach cpio -pdcu F:\IDES_Backup\IDE': 5

BR0222E Copying init_ora to/from F:\IDES_Backup\IDE failed due to previous errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does F:\IDES_Backup\IDE exist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From the error codes it seems that the file to be backed up is not found, it may be due to hardware problems on the disk on which the file is stored.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Posible cause is the cpio error described in note 197766. Try installing the patched cpio attached to that note.

Rgds,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

And an even simpler one to check: make sure that 'cpio.exe' is located in a directory that is in the PATH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Note number 197766 cannot be implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note number 197766 cannot be implemented

Are you trying to do this with SNOTE? That won't work, all you have to do is download the attachment to the note, unzip that file and place cpio.exe in the kernel directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Sir, It is working

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check Notes,

Note 900182 - NW 2004S: No logs displayed in DB12/DB13/DB14

Note 43258 - DB12/DB13/DB14: No BRBACKUP logs can be displayed

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked both notes, i am not getting error which is mentioned in both notes, our problem in DB12 when i click below mentioned buttons

1) Last Successful Backup

2) Overview of database backup

3) Overview of redo log backup

not display any logs or any messages in status bar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And you are sure you have executed brbackup and brarchive?

Check if there are logs in the filesystem, in directories sapbackup and saparch.