Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Dynamic IAF in WD

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We'd like to create a dynamic interactive form based on a XDP in a WebDynpro application. How can we achieve this?

We tried to use setDynamicPDF() and setInteractive(), but it looks like ADS doesn't create a dynamic pdf.

Only the master page is being displayed.

Any ideas how to create a dynamic interactive form via ADS and how to determine if the pdf is a dynamic interactive form (in the browser).

Kind regards,

Noël

version info: Designer 7, NW SP15, Reader 7.0.7.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishanu_biswas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use the following code to get a dynamic pdf document created in your <b>wdDoModifyView()</b> method. Make use of the firstTime flag there if required :

<b>IWDInteractiveForm iForm =

(IWDInteractiveForm)view.getElement("InteractiveForm1");

iForm.setDynamicPDF(true);</b>

setDynamicPDF(boolean) nmethod has been deprecated in 04. Moving forward to 04s, you will have a different set of APIs to deal with such requirements. Hence the abiove mentioned method will be taken off with the next major release of NetWeaver.

<b>How do you know whether the pdf document created is static or dynamic ?</b> Well, save the form locally and open it in the designer. Go to File > Form Properties > <b>Compatibility</b> Tab. Check your <b>Form Type</b> there.

Best Regards,

Krish

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

<b>Compatibility Check</b>

Which Designer version do you use? I don't have this option in Designer 7.0. If this is a new feature of 7.1, could you tell me if I can use it in combination with ADS? Or is this not supported yet?

Answers (0)