SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Objects in SAP Retail (transaction SARA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I have problem with archiving object WS_ACSITE in SAP RETAIL.(Transaction SARA)

When I write data archiving, message appeard is that archive sessions are created.

When I try to execute the next step: delete - the archive sessions are not appearing in the dialog box where we should choose the archive sessions for deletion.

The above situation appear when I am working with plants existing in system for a while, but when I've create a new one and try to go through all SARA's steps it is OK, and master date of sites are deleted (e.g WB03).

Can anyone help me?

The second question is u2013 can I restore deleted sites to system?

thanks in advance.

Marcin

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcin, Before you can actually archive a site master, several conditions must be met (zero stock for all articles, no listings, etc.). You can check the log if the archive job to see what kind of condition are not being met.

As you said, this only happens with old sites. If you try with a recently created site, this site probably wont have any kind of stock movement or listing condition.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

there are several reasons as to why the delete job is not able to delete the data. like for example -

1- There is no eligible data that needs to b edeleted

2- when the archive job was run, it could be that there was no data as per your selection criteria in the Write Variant....

Pls check if you have identified the Business complete and eligible data in the WRITE program archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of You for advices,

the problem I found is related with table MARC (even after WSE4 transaction-discontinuation article in werks).

In situation when I have had data in this table for werks the situation above appear, but after edit and manual delete entries in table the archiving and deleting process are done OK.

Any suggestions?

ps

to reload werks, you can use the program: WS_ACSITE_RELOAD

or

you need run transaction SARA and in the main screen of archive administration click on "go to" and choose "Reload"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

unfortunatelly I still have problem with deleting sites.

Log from write step says:

"Plant still has material records" - do you have any idea how can I solve this?

Should I archive material with MM_MATNR at first? but I am affraid that in this way I'll delete material master data for all plants..

Please advice

0 Kudos

Hello,

If the stocks are there in your plant then this message will appear while archiving material master records.

There should be no open items for the Material master records then you archive it.

You should only mark deletion flag for the that perticular plant level so that only from that plant this material master will be archived. If you set deletion flag globally then Archive run can archive and delete data from other plant aswell so be careful while set the deletion flag for that perticular plant.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to archive the material documnets first MM_MATBEL

Regards/RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this. See last message from Opachs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Ajay

"1 If the stocks are there in your plant then this message will appear..."

- How can I check / resolve this issue? do you mean table MARC or any other particular?

"2 You should only mark deletion flag for the..." - I've made it with wse4 transaction for the specific sites, and in MARC, MARD, MBEW deletion indicator appeared. Did you wrote "then Archive run".. with WS_ACSITE object or MM_MATNR (if with mm_matnr then I understood)

Rajesh

- I think that there is no connection between MM_MATBEL (MKPF, MSEG tables) with MARC and WS_ACSITE object, so in my opinion there is no need to archive it.. Do you agree?

( I've made tests with MM_MATNR archiving - containing MARC and it helps me in delete site with WS_ACSITE, because there was deleted MARC positions)

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Check below information for Material master record required to archive:

1. Is there any stocks in the plant for which MMR need s to be archived? (Stock = Zero)

2. Is there any open items at FI accounting? (There should be no pending bills or parked documents)

3. Is there any pending delivery for this material? (there should be no open deliveries)

If all the above criteria is met then set the deletion flag and indicator for perticular Plant you are looking for.

Note: Make sure that non of the other plants which is sharing this MMR is marked for deletion flag / indicatory

Then execute Archive run for archiving object MM_MATNR.

Note: All the required configuration is done for archiving object MM_MATNR.

Hope this will help you to archive MMR only for your required plant.

-Thanks,

Ajay

0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay for your help.

I'l try follow your advices , hope it will resolve problems.

Regards

marcin