cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to menagement a SOA architecture environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert:

As I know~

PI 7.1 has the UDDI server 3.0.

My questions is......

If you want to monitoring a SOA enviroment....like..

if a message goes wrong..or an error occour..

or how do i make sure that a web service workable when i register it on UDDI server??

Can UDDI server management those stuff??

Or solution manager can co-work with UDDI server??

please give me some simple concept or some document can be reference~

Regards

Jack Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additionally :

You can have Point to Point mediated connection in PI using Direct Connections in the directory configuration

And to check the validity of endpoints you can setup the AS Java Job to detect invalid endpoints in SR for your service. This is part of UDDI service registry.

Till now Solution manager can not be used to monitor it at the enterprise service details level

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>PI 7.1 has the UDDI server 3.0.

PI 7.1 has Service Registry which is based on UDDI v3.0

>If you want to monitoring a SOA enviroment....like..if a message goes wrong..or an error occour

right now there is no very good way to monitor service calls (specially if they are outside of PI, i.e. point to point), you can do it via monitoring system log using netweaver adminstrator.

>or how do i make sure that a web service workable when i register it on UDDI server??

Service registry do not verify if service is workable or not, all it check if wsdl is correct or not, you can even publish service without implementing it.

>Or solution manager can co-work with UDDI server??

Solution manager can be used to monitor system health (ABAP, Java stack, jobs etc) but it won't check if service is correct or SOA landscape is "functionally correct"

Regards,

Gourav