cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit management Update Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru,

I have a LC customer who has never been assigned a credit limit. All the orders of the customers go through Financial Document (LC). All of a sudden there is 75000 exposure on the customer and the syetem is blocking all the orders, even if a FD is attached. It says credit limit exceded. Orders are blocked. Kindly help.

I dont know what is the issue.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Shahzad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoice was not consumed by LC

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shahzad

First of all check in CMR data->partner functions tab , who is the payer . Secondly also check in FD32 with that payer wheather the data is being exceeded or not. Finally also check wheather credit control area has been assigned or not in CMR data->sales area data->billing tab

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Partners are all the same. There is only one partner who is SP,SH,BP & PA. The issue is not as its being portrayed. This customer has never bought any thing on Credit. He is not a credit customer. He is a LC Customer (VX11n) and all his payments go via LC. So his exposure in FD33 is un-accounted for and we cant seem to identify which invoice has gone through without FD. All sales orders for that customer have been checked and none of the orders have the FD document missing.

Regards,

Shahzad

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

As per your requirement i would suggest you to check the following.

1. When you are creating financial document through VX11N, check the status of document to "D". The status change can be done in the t-code "VX12N".

2.Kindly check the t-code "OVA8" and set according to your need.

3. I think it is advisable to set a credit master and then proceed.

Kindly update your post after checking these suggestions.

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

If the customer is a Secured customer and all his payments are secured via Payment Guarentee / Financial Document (VX11n). Then how can he have a credit exposure of 74000? What might user's have done wrong?

FBL5n Open items are showing:77658754

FD33 Credit management is showing secured recievables as:77584005

FD33 Credit Management is showing Recieables as:74748

FD33 Credit Management Credit Exposure is Showing as:74748

FBL5n Value - Secured Value = Credit Exposure Value

77658754 - 77584005 = 74748

It shows that there is a open item in FBL5n which is not secured? IF that is true then how do i find it? I am very much Confused.

Kindly help,

Shahzad Khero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Goto FD32 for your customer and check the credit data maintained.

2. Goto XD05/VD05 to check the order block for your customer.

check and revert