cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPLDAP_EXTRACT - Error when updating the LDAP directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am connecting SAP IdM 7.0 to SAP HCM via VDS.

So far:

The VDS responds to LDAP browser, the connection tests from SAP GUI are succesful.

I can execute my copy of the standard report LDAPEXTRACT46C in SAP GUI and can see what data is exported.

I get the "Error when updating the LDAP directory" error when trying to execute the RPLDAP_EXTRACT program.

An error occurred during creation of one or more data records in the LDAP directory. The error has been logged in the system used to export data to the LDAP directory.
You can find logs in the database tables TLDA_LOG (HR-LDAP: Non-Exported Data Records) and TLDA_MSG (Error Messages About Data in Table TLDA_LOG). Table TLDA_LOG contains data records that could not be exported; table TLDA_MSG contains the corresponding messages.

I didn't see anything that makes sense in tables mentioned in the error message above.

I have some questions as the documentation supplied with IdM is bit brief; According to the configuration guide I don't need to have any mapping in VDS like "conversion of internal attributes" or "conversion from internal attributes", has anyone else entered the mapping in VDS?

Any pointers in going forward?

Edited by: pasikuikka on Oct 20, 2009 11:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Run report SPLDAP_DISPLAY_LOG_TABLES in the HCM system for the logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabnam, issue was indeed with mapping and the log made me look in correct place.

Edited by: pasikuikka on Nov 7, 2009 12:12 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pasikuikka.

What's the SP and Patch level of the VDS you are using ?

Turn on the debug level trace for the VDS and check if the data is being passed to VDS or not.. i was also getting the same error (VDS debug : Null pointer exception), and it was resolved by SP2 Patch 4.....

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using SP2 Patch 3. Where did you get patch 4? The Service Marketplace only has 7.0 SP2 Patch 3 for download as far as I see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I raised a Customer Message... and got it from them....

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should I manually create the MX_HCM_Employee entry type in 7.0 and map the incoming attributes to it in VDS? I failed to see this part in the Configuration Guide for 7.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't have to manually create this entrytype.

Just import the HCM-Special-part of the SAP Provisioning Framework.

There is a HCM-Schema in it with this special Entrytype and attributes, needed to import via VDS.

use the file "HCM_Staging_Area_Identity store.mcc" for import.

I hope, this is part of the framework for IDM 7.0.

Kind Regards,

Achim Heinekamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pasikuikka,

just a few questions:

Have you checked TA HRLDAP_MAP? (Each field must have its expression in the LDAP-Target)

Have you checked TA LDAPMAP? (Each field must have its expression in the LDAP-Target)

Maybe there are attributes listed in the query, but not in the HCM-Staging-Area in the Identity Center.

Have been new attributes created in the HCM-Staging-Area and, if so, are they connected to the right Entry-Type (MX_HCM_Employee or something like that)?

Hope this puts you on the right track.

Kind regards,

Achim Heinekamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Achim.

All the mappings are 1:1 from the HCM report on. The 7.0 Configuration Guide did not mention whether to map the incoming HCM attributes to IdM attributes. Is it really so that mapping between HCM and IdM is not needed?