cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel partial invoiced quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to cancel a partial invoiced quantity, so that we dont give additional credit days by creating a new invoice for the reduced quantity.

Thanks

Aparna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

You cannot cancel / reverse Partial Invoice quantity.

You can only cencel entire Invoice with T-Code - VF11.

If it is a value correction then it can be code via Credit Memo or Invoice Correction Request.

If it is a Quantity adjustment then you need to cancel the Invoice & PGI & create a new Delivery with reduced Quantity & subsequently create new Invoice.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OBB8, I see that Document Date is marked. So the payment terms is calculated based on the Document Date.The issue is that, when the previous invoice is cancelled and new invoice is created, additional credit days should not be given.

So, I feel that, to avoid giving additional credit days, the document date of the original invoice could be taken into consideration instead of the new invoice. In that case, could anyone suggest me the user exit where this could be coded.

Or, is there any other possible ways to solve this.

Thanks

Aparna

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

While creating new Invoice, your end-user can select Billing Date.

Here you can ask him to enter Billing Date 9Document Date) as date of previous Invoice.

Thus the system will not count additional days.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your inputs. I have not worked much in SD. I can cancel the invoice. But I would like to know how the number of credit days is counted.. in other words, which date is taken into account for the payment terms. If it is the baseline date, where in the sales order or billing order can I find it?

If the invoice is cancelled and a new one created, which date will be considered for the payment.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aparna,

While defining payment terms in OBB8, we can select document date or posting date.But default will be document date. so based on this the system will consider the date.

The payment terms can be viewed in header of billing data in header tab under price data.

Regards,

Nithin.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

It all depend on your terms of payment wether it is related to your document date or receiving of material if it is related to document date then in billing document or sales order header you will get the sales or billing date .

Regards

Ajit K Singh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot cancel partial quantity but if your billing document contains multiple line items, you have the option to cancel any selected line item via VF11. But you must also see the impact on your inventory as you cannot reverse partial PGId document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

You will have to cansel the invoice in VF11

Then you will have to reverse PGI in VL09N.

Regds

MM

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the steps for cancellieng partial invoiced qty

1) T COde- VF 11- Cancel Invoice

2) VL09 to reverse the PGI

3) Delete the delivery document .

4) Now change the payment terms in the sales order header.

Rgds

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna

If it is partial invoiced quantity also , using VF11 you can cancel the invoice and then reverse the PGI document using VL09 and then cancel the delivery document and then you can pick the quantity and then do PGI and billing

Regards

Srinath